Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How are you today? February 26

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:10 AM
  • 65 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:43 AM

I'm fine.  It just dawned on me I have a Dr. Appt at 1:45, and don't want to bring all the kids with me (germ infested Dr Office?), and my husband mentioned he was meeting someone about business an hour and a half away (clearly business and 5 kids don't mix either).  I don't know why this just came together in my mind right now that something isn't going to work out today. 

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:45 AM
:-/ kids and appt just don't work! I has to cancel my appt last week for the same reason!

Good luck!

Quoting Angela4boys:

I'm fine.  It just dawned on me I have a Dr. Appt at 1:45, and don't want to bring all the kids with me (germ infested Dr Office?), and my husband mentioned he was meeting someone about business an hour and a half away (clearly business and 5 kids don't mix either).  I don't know why this just came together in my mind right now that something isn't going to work out today. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I may do the same.  I'm sure the appt slot will be easily filled with someone sick...it is Feb after all!

Quoting echupko:

:-/ kids and appt just don't work! I has to cancel my appt last week for the same reason!

Good luck!

Quoting Angela4boys:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Ugh. I'm sorry. I have a dental appt coming up that I may have to cancel because of the same thing. My little guy doesn't behave very well at any office for anything important.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM

My husband is always here, so it just never really clicked.  Oh well. 

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Ugh. I'm sorry. I have a dental appt coming up that I may have to cancel because of the same thing. My little guy doesn't behave very well at any office for anything important.

Quoting Angela4boys:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Oh no. Well, I only have the one DS during the day, but he misbehaves pretty bad at doctor's offices. He tries to go into exam rooms that aren't for us, etc, etc. Normal kid stuff but it's stressful when you're there for something important.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh there is NO way you, or anyone could do the dentist with kids in tow!  On another note, my most embarrasing moment with my children happened at a Dr. office!  Pregnant with my 3rd, Dr Checking my cervix for dilation, kids were off to the side, sitting in a chair, Dr being very discrete, kids get up, walk to the foot of the exam table (however I'm drapped, so nothing can be seen) and they ask, very loudly "What's the Dr. doing Mama?"  me, very embarrassed, says "oh nothing, go sit down, he's just checking the baby."  To which the kids, even louder and more embarrassing say, "Well what's he doing in your butt!?"  I wanted to die at that very moment, and I have never again taken my kids to the Dr with me.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Oh no. Well, I only have the one DS during the day, but he misbehaves pretty bad at doctor's offices. He tries to go into exam rooms that aren't for us, etc, etc. Normal kid stuff but it's stressful when you're there for something important.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Oh crap. I would have died. I thought it was bad when Aiden is always grabbing those lights that they use to look inside you, the ones with the bendy poles so they can be twisted into whatever position. He loves those. Seriously though, last ob appt, he opened the door with another patient on the table. Thank God they thought it was funny. I was mortified. At least she was on the table covered up and not in some state of undress. He's pretty bad at the dentist too, esp. with all the other patients in open bays.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh there is NO way you, or anyone could do the dentist with kids in tow!  On another note, my most embarrasing moment with my children happened at a Dr. office!  Pregnant with my 3rd, Dr Checking my cervix for dilation, kids were off to the side, sitting in a chair, Dr being very discrete, kids get up, walk to the foot of the exam table (however I'm drapped, so nothing can be seen) and they ask, very loudly "What's the Dr. doing Mama?"  me, very embarrassed, says "oh nothing, go sit down, he's just checking the baby."  To which the kids, even louder and more embarrassing say, "Well what's he doing in your butt!?"  I wanted to die at that very moment, and I have never again taken my kids to the Dr with me.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Kids are so embarrassing!  I remember doing something embarrassing to my grandma as a kid, in church.  My Grandma always wore skirts, that came below the knee, and one day on the way into church, as we are walking down the aisle, I lifted her skirt and put it over my head.  I'm sure she was fully exposed...and i also remember I got spanked, LOL

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Oh crap. I would have died. I thought it was bad when Aiden is always grabbing those lights that they use to look inside you, the ones with the bendy poles so they can be twisted into whatever position. He loves those. Seriously though, last ob appt, he opened the door with another patient on the table. Thank God they thought it was funny. I was mortified. At least she was on the table covered up and not in some state of undress. He's pretty bad at the dentist too, esp. with all the other patients in open bays.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Wow. I got spanked plenty as a child too. I lived in New Mexico when I was little and ladybugs were insane out there. I caught a ziploc bag full of them, literally hundreds of them and let them go inside the house. Another time, I caught a couple of frogs in put them in my mom's best friend's bathtub. She was petrified of frogs. I can still remember her screaming. My sister is deathly afraid of locust shells. I would put them under her pillows so when she laid her head down, they'd crunch. Or put them all over her bedspread. I was a horrible little girl.

The worst thing DS has done was stick his hand down my shirt in public. Not slightly, majorly. Where everyone could see. I Bf him until he was 28/29 months. Haha. DD was a great little one, I had no problems with her at all when she was little. Now that's she a preteen, she's hell on wheels.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Kids are so embarrassing!  I remember doing something embarrassing to my grandma as a kid, in church.  My Grandma always wore skirts, that came below the knee, and one day on the way into church, as we are walking down the aisle, I lifted her skirt and put it over my head.  I'm sure she was fully exposed...and i also remember I got spanked, LOL

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN