Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Only a week has gone by

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 8 Replies

It has only been a week since my miscarriage it will be exactly at 6:00pm (EST) I would have notice the spotting.  I am doing better but then my mind keeps thinking I should have been going on six weeks pregnant telling everyone the good news at the end of this month (March).  But I am not, I am still waiting on the my daughter's shirt to arrive saying "I'm going to be a big sister" I am not sure how I will be once it arrives.  Not being pregnant makes me want to try again right away but with work it would be better to wait until the Fall.  I am just not sure I can wait that long.  I think if it wasn't for my daughter I would not be able to move on.  I didn't think I wanted anymore children after my daughter but after getting pregnant getting use to the idea of another baby then losing it I would like another one now.  I keep telling myself it is better to wait just a little while so my body can get back on normal cycles.  This time around though I am going to use the ovulation kits (like I did with my daughter) and hopefully the pregnancy will stick around.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
firstimepreg30
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

aww, im sorry its been two weeks for me.   i would just take the package, not open it and put it up in a closet..  perhaps in a few months, or year  you can open it up..   just dont open it!!!   my doct called to check on me yesterday said we have to wait to full cycles..  grr..   but good news..  she said if the bleeding has stopped were cleared to "pratice"..  

CafeMom Tickers
mommyofnoah208
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I am so sorry :( i had just ordered a whole bunch of maternity clothes from old navy before my loss and it arrived a few days after I got home from the hospital. Not fun! I just tossed it into the back of my closet for later.
Thinking of you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

My doctor didn't really say how long to wait for another one because I was only 4 weeks along and she called it a chemical pregnancy and not noting it as a miscarriage.  But she did say the next two cycles may be a little off but if I do not bleed for a whole month to call.  I don't know maybe I should just "practice" until the Fall I wouldn't be able to handle back to back miscarriages.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

*hugs*  Older children to help at times after a loss.  I wish you lots of sticky baby dust when you try again.

momluvsgg
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My heart goes out to you for your loss. I'm glad you have your daughter to hug and love on and that you get to try again sometime this year. I'm praying for God's healing for your heart, restoration for your body, and His hope for your future pregnancy, Hugs!

krissy_gurl
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM

it will be 3 weeks sunday since I found out about my ectopic and had to have surgery.. *hugs* Older children do help out a lot with the emotional toll.. At least mine have..

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

When I am around my 13 month old I don't really think to much about what happened to me a week ago she keeps me busy.  I get bummed out when I am at work, or by myself when I have time to think.  I try to stay busy when I am not with my daughter but it is always in the back of my mind reminding me what happened and how I felt.  I have not cried in two days but I think because I am now on the drive of wanting another one.  But I am scared to try and lose another baby.

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sorry. :( I had a beautiful medical alert necklace made for my pregnancy that I ended up not needing once I miscarried. I saved it and used it for my next pregnancy and it was a great reminder to be constantly thankful for every moment. I would save the shirt and hold onto the hope that your daughter will be able to wear it soon. Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN