Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

OT- Easter plans, ideas, crafts???

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know it's early and some of us haven't even thought about it, but I wanted to get the ball rolling. I need some good, old fashioned distraction!

What do you usually do for easter? Any good craft ideas? Any holiday recipes?

I've spent a chunk of time this morning on pinterest looking at stuff and am eager to get busy with my bunny making!!

We normally go to the community park for a huge egg hunt and do baskets for the kids. I want to do some crafts this year and get the house more festive. DS is little so he enjoys that kind of stuff.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Easter is so nice! It is early this year. I havent thought too much about it, but we go to a community Easter egg hunt usually, do a little one with friends, decorate eggs and cupcakes or cakepops, do some crafts and the story of Easter. The kids get easter baskets and we usually go to dinner at families house.
Easter candy is my biggest weakness and I have been good so far not buying it. But I know I will end uo buying some soon..its just so good and I have a huge sweettooth
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I've already broke down a few times for the Cadbury eggs. I'm such a sucker for easter candy too. Sounds like our easters are pretty much the same! I did see some cute ideas on pinterest for crafts, I'll post them soon. It's one of my goals this year to be more festive!

I've never made cakepops. Do you have to mix the icing in with the cake mix? I saw one where you did that.

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Easter is so nice! It is early this year. I havent thought too much about it, but we go to a community Easter egg hunt usually, do a little one with friends, decorate eggs and cupcakes or cakepops, do some crafts and the story of Easter. The kids get easter baskets and we usually go to dinner at families house.
Easter candy is my biggest weakness and I have been good so far not buying it. But I know I will end uo buying some soon..its just so good and I have a huge sweettooth

Zealand2008
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
We always decorate eggs and go to in laws for dinner.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

We celebrate with DH's family since we live by them now.  Can't think of crafts but probably can find some but mostly too lazy too lol.  And we do go to several community egg hunts.  Our boys have so much fun.  I was pregnant with Isabelle last Easter :'(

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM
This year we're starting off with church, lighting a candle there for our angel, then going to visit her and place her headstone and angel statue at her burial site. After that my family is doing an Easter egg hunt for my DD and Dh's family will probably do easter dinner.
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Our Easter this year is on the tail end of Spring Break...so I have no idea how it is going to go this year! I want to get out of town for SB this year---to relax & get away from everyone for a bit because of my recent infant loss.  
I love Easter egg hunts & we usually do several....I have several different churches that I inhabit (Sunday Church obviously; but I also do MOPS groups & Bible Studies or Kid stuff at other Churches where friends have invited us) So we usually have a different egg hunt every weekend. I like to bake cookies. My oldest DD made the tomb of Jesus one year in our backyard while playing in the mud (all her doing-I was so proud!)

This year, I don't feel like celebrating anything. I want to sit back on the beach & relax! So--maybe I'll bring some little goodies. And if we are at the beach and not back home--I'll have some eggs to hide. But that is about it for us this year I think and usually that's about it. I'm not a big house decorater except at Christmas & Halloween. I like to have the kitchen done up though when we eat any kind of holiday feast! :)  

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Easter has always snuck up on us so I'm *trying* this year to be better prepared! We have zero decorations, so I'd like to make some things we can save and use year to year. I like the pinterest ideas of glitter eggs and glitter dot eggs, so maybe we'll carve out a chunk of time to do those? And it'd be fun to make a little garland or something for the mantle...

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I love pinterest! I saw a garland that you make out of salt dough and shape it like eggs. How interesting is that? The kids would love that, just like play doh. I know what you mean about it sneaking up, we're usually running out the night before buying stuff for their baskets. I'd like to be more proactive with the holidays, I mean I've always decorated for Halloween and Christmas, but I'd be nice to do a little something more for all of them.

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

Easter has always snuck up on us so I'm *trying* this year to be better prepared! We have zero decorations, so I'd like to make some things we can save and use year to year. I like the pinterest ideas of glitter eggs and glitter dot eggs, so maybe we'll carve out a chunk of time to do those? And it'd be fun to make a little garland or something for the mantle...

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM

That sounds very nice. I need to get a more permament memorial for my angel. I just wear a necklace and have the u/s pics.

Quoting Turtledoves:

This year we're starting off with church, lighting a candle there for our angel, then going to visit her and place her headstone and angel statue at her burial site. After that my family is doing an Easter egg hunt for my DD and Dh's family will probably do easter dinner.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

You know, I didn't even think of that! I better check the school calendar too, not sure how this will all line up. What an unprepared momma I am lately, lol.

Sounds like you're very busy with your church family, that's nice. I bet that will keep you guys very, very busy!! Multiple egg hunts!! Woah! Just the one we go to wears me out. :)

Maybe you should just take it easy this time. I too would just love to be on the beach relaxing. We're hoping to make our move there in the next year or two. We've been looking at NC, so we wouldn't be too far from family, but may go even further south!!

Quoting Happy_Mcboobs:

Our Easter this year is on the tail end of Spring Break...so I have no idea how it is going to go this year! I want to get out of town for SB this year---to relax & get away from everyone for a bit because of my recent infant loss.  
I love Easter egg hunts & we usually do several....I have several different churches that I inhabit (Sunday Church obviously; but I also do MOPS groups & Bible Studies or Kid stuff at other Churches where friends have invited us) So we usually have a different egg hunt every weekend. I like to bake cookies. My oldest DD made the tomb of Jesus one year in our backyard while playing in the mud (all her doing-I was so proud!)

This year, I don't feel like celebrating anything. I want to sit back on the beach & relax! So--maybe I'll bring some little goodies. And if we are at the beach and not back home--I'll have some eggs to hide. But that is about it for us this year I think and usually that's about it. I'm not a big house decorater except at Christmas & Halloween. I like to have the kitchen done up though when we eat any kind of holiday feast! :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)