Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I know it's early and some of us haven't even thought about it, but I wanted to get the ball rolling. I need some good, old fashioned distraction!

What do you usually do for easter? Any good craft ideas? Any holiday recipes?

I've spent a chunk of time this morning on pinterest looking at stuff and am eager to get busy with my bunny making!!

We normally go to the community park for a huge egg hunt and do baskets for the kids. I want to do some crafts this year and get the house more festive. DS is little so he enjoys that kind of stuff.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (21-23):
ZennMomma
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

lol Giant Peeps!

Thats super cute.

mommyofnoah208
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Yes..true cakepops..you crumble up a baked cake and mix in frosting and roll into balls. Chill, insert sticks dipped in candy melts and chill, then dip in candymelts abd decorate! They are superfun and yummy. They do take a little getting used to making them.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

I've already broke down a few times for the Cadbury eggs. I'm such a sucker for easter candy too. Sounds like our easters are pretty much the same! I did see some cute ideas on pinterest for crafts, I'll post them soon. It's one of my goals this year to be more festive!

I've never made cakepops. Do you have to mix the icing in with the cake mix? I saw one where you did that.

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Easter is so nice! It is early this year. I havent thought too much about it, but we go to a community Easter egg hunt usually, do a little one with friends, decorate eggs and cupcakes or cakepops, do some crafts and the story of Easter. The kids get easter baskets and we usually go to dinner at families house.

Easter candy is my biggest weakness and I have been good so far not buying it. But I know I will end uo buying some soon..its just so good and I have a huge sweettooth

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Neat. I know lots of people make them, but I've never tried. Very cool stuff.

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Yes..true cakepops..you crumble up a baked cake and mix in frosting and roll into balls. Chill, insert sticks dipped in candy melts and chill, then dip in candymelts abd decorate! They are superfun and yummy. They do take a little getting used to making them.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

I've already broke down a few times for the Cadbury eggs. I'm such a sucker for easter candy too. Sounds like our easters are pretty much the same! I did see some cute ideas on pinterest for crafts, I'll post them soon. It's one of my goals this year to be more festive!

I've never made cakepops. Do you have to mix the icing in with the cake mix? I saw one where you did that.

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Easter is so nice! It is early this year. I havent thought too much about it, but we go to a community Easter egg hunt usually, do a little one with friends, decorate eggs and cupcakes or cakepops, do some crafts and the story of Easter. The kids get easter baskets and we usually go to dinner at families house.

Easter candy is my biggest weakness and I have been good so far not buying it. But I know I will end uo buying some soon..its just so good and I have a huge sweettooth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)