Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Is it wrong??

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 11 Replies
To not want to talk about it?? I'm going through a mc it started yesterday. I will need to tell my kids, eventually. But my husband keeps asking if I am ok, which is fine, it's a hard thing to forget while I can feel it all day. But I just don't want to start talking about it because right now I am fine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwoosley
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  And no I don't think it's wrong.  When you are ready to talk about then you will, but don't let anyone pressure you into doing it before you are ready.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Nope, totally normal. It's a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Brooked18
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Thank you!
mommyofnoah208
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, everyone deals with grief and loss differently. Anything is normal I think. Thinking of you and someday you may even decide you need to talk..its ok. So sorry
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I think it's one of the stages of grief. I don't think anyone expects you to be "fine", but they just want to know you're not drowning. I always just told people I was surviving.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

That's normal.  Aside from this group, after each loss, it took me about a month to actually be able to talk about it with any one, including my husband.  I think I have a hard time actually putting the grief into words.  Still, I can type it out, and discuss the feelings here...but verbally I have a hard time with it, I just feel like the words I need to use don't exist.  (((Hugs)))  I'm sorry you are going through this, and sorry for your loss :(

Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I didn't like talking about it with anyone other than my mom and husband. I hated that everyone wanted to talk to me about it. I didn't want to talk to anyone about anything, especially the losses. I think it is normal, and if you feel okay...them talking about it just makes it worse.  Do what feels right to you. When you want to talk or type...we're here for you.

Brooked18
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Thank you!!! My husband always comes over and looks at me with pity in his eyes rubs my back mad asks how are you, it really gets to me. I can type about it till my fingers bleed but talking about put loud is just to hard, I did have to explain to my girls what happened but it is easy to be strong for them.

Quoting Cal2006:

I didn't like talking about it with anyone other than my mom and husband. I hated that everyone wanted to talk to me about it. I didn't want to talk to anyone about anything, especially the losses. I think it is normal, and if you feel okay...them talking about it just makes it worse.  Do what feels right to you. When you want to talk or type...we're here for you.

smurfy88
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. What your feeling isnt unusual at all. I didn't want to talk about it with anyone either for a while. I went through phases where I was sad, angry, numb, and I took it out on my fiance at times. About a month after it happened we got into a huge fight and thats when all my feelings came out. It took almost 2 months till I could calmly talk about it.

Take your time, your loved ones will understand!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM

It's not wrong.  Have you talked to your husband about it?  He might understand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN