Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

No Understanding

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi. I'm not a mommy, but I would like to be.

I really need help and I don't know where to go.

Back in 2008, while my bff was in another city pregnant with her first child, I had experiance a 3 month long period. I couldn't get to a doctor without insurance and had no money either. ER would have charged me a lot of money, so my aunt just bought me a bunch of pads.

Before the 3 month period over the summer, I hadn't had my period for 5 months and the boyfriend I was with for 5 years was fighting with me. (Not physically.)

One day, I was sitting at my aunt's computer, while she was downstairs working and had pain like a bad period. Since I was 15 I never had a constant period and when I did it was heavy and painful. So when I had the strength to get up and go to the bathroom, hoping I was just constipated, I felt a huge woosh and a lot of blood came out. It was so thick I was terrified and forced myself to clean up and go to bed.

Some of my friends said I had a miscarriage, but because I didn't go to the doctors right away, there would be no proof. Others say it was just a bad period. But to this day, I still wonder if I had gotten pregnant.

Now days when I see my OBGYN, they tell me that my right ovary is higher up then my left and my testosterone level is at 70. They couldn't see any cysts on my ovaries, but I do have a bit of PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. They try to force me to be on birth control ignoring the fact that I told them I am suicidal on them, weather it's the pill or patch and not willing to stick anything up me 24/7.

I know some of you are thinking, why worry it's the past? Well, I have to worry, because it runs in my family and I am afraid of disappointing my recent boyfriend. We live 30 mins away from OHSU, the best hospital on the West Coast and I've been debating on going back there and trying to trust them.

Any advice will be greatly accepted, but not if you're going to be mean about it and try to argue with me. Not in the mood.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I don't really know but I say follow your heart. Hugs and prayers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Nobody is going to be mean to you here Hun, so no worries. 

What you experienced does sound very similar to a Miscarriage, but of course there is no way for us to know for sure just based on a discription.  I had a 4 month loss, and I can tell you for sure that you would have seen baby at 5 months.  I'm not sure if you got a good look at what you passed that day.  Anyhow, Elizabeth is right, you just have to go with your heart, and with your instinct. 

I would go to the Dr/hospital, and get yourself taken care of.  If you don't like your doctor, or you feel like they are pushing you, just say NO.  It's your body, and you decide what goes in it, what you take, or not.  (((hugs)))

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM
At five months pregnant, there would have been a very formed baby come out. It woulr have been hardto miss. Most who have a natural miscarriage also go through a whole labor. Mine lasted 8 hours of severe contractions. I was actually clawing at the sheets and that was just to dilate enough to give birth to a tiny 9 weeker.

Given that you now discovered you have PCOS, id say it was probably related to that. I know quite a few people with Pcos who dont get periods for many months and then get very odd, long periods.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I don't really have any answers for you as to what may have happened, but I wanted to offer my support. This is a great group! I hope you find some peace and comfort.

NikiTee
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Thanks ladies for your support. I just hope and pray that when me and my boyfriend are ready to have kids, we are successful.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Me too.  I think you are very smart to be researching and searching for good doctors you can trust now...it can make a difference when you know you may have obstacles to contend with.  (((hugs)))

Quoting NikiTee:

Thanks ladies for your support. I just hope and pray that when me and my boyfriend are ready to have kids, we are successful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN