Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How are you today? March 5

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:12 AM
  • 43 Replies
How are you feeling today! How can we support you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Missing dh :-( the days are so long when he is out of town.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Quoting echupko:

:(  I don't blame you.  My husband never really stays away, but his last employer would do projects 2-3 hours away, so at times he'd stay 2-3 days at a time there, and it was really hard...I would be so busy that I wouldn't notice till night, but the kids really struggled...I think it was hardest on my husband though. 

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:21 AM
It is busy with out him here but I'm used to do most things by myself. I mostly just miss his company and our talks every afternoon :-( and trying to talk to him on the phone is pretty much impossible with the kids!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting echupko:

:(  I don't blame you.  My husband never really stays away, but his last employer would do projects 2-3 hours away, so at times he'd stay 2-3 days at a time there, and it was really hard...I would be so busy that I wouldn't notice till night, but the kids really struggled...I think it was hardest on my husband though. 

Irene1923
by Tina on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Frustrated and a bit overhelmed. When I spoke with our apartment manager a couple months ago I was told our rent would probably increase $40 but when we got the notice yesterday it was a $110 increase which we can't afford. Our lease expires March 31st and now we have to scramble for a new place. We both work full time and go to school and I just don't know when we will find the time to look and pack. I am more concerned with finding a place then the actual move.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Ugh, yes!  I have a hard time talking when there is a lot of background activity...which at our house there always is. 

Quoting echupko:

It is busy with out him here but I'm used to do most things by myself. I mostly just miss his company and our talks every afternoon :-( and trying to talk to him on the phone is pretty much impossible with the kids!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting echupko:

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Quoting Irene1923:

Frustrated and a bit overhelmed. When I spoke with our apartment manager a couple months ago I was told our rent would probably increase $40 but when we got the notice yesterday it was a $110 increase which we can't afford. Our lease expires March 31st and now we have to scramble for a new place. We both work full time and go to school and I just don't know when we will find the time to look and pack. I am more concerned with finding a place then the actual move.

That exact same thing just happened to my friend.  They told her 40, and when she got the new lease it went up 100, she can't afford it.  She's looking for a new appt quick...but moving costs a lot of money too...and you need to fork out another security deposit before you get yours back, ugh!  I'm sorry you are having to deal with this :( 

Irene1923
by Tina on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Yeahthe extra cost is what made us decide to stay even with the, what we thought was a small, increase. Now the tax money we were going to use to fix my car and buy a couple of the larger baby items will be gone. Ugh...its just so annoying. I hope your friend finds something she likes.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Irene1923:

That exact same thing just happened to my friend.  They told her 40, and when she got the new lease it went up 100, she can't afford it.  She's looking for a new appt quick...but moving costs a lot of money too...and you need to fork out another security deposit before you get yours back, ugh!  I'm sorry you are having to deal with this :( 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a real bummer!  Maybe you can find something good on craigslist (for baby stuff).  Or do you have any large mega consignment sales going on in your area this spring?  Usually they happen spring/fall.  Baby stuff usually stays in pretty good condition. 

Quoting Irene1923:

Yeahthe extra cost is what made us decide to stay even with the, what we thought was a small, increase. Now the tax money we were going to use to fix my car and buy a couple of the larger baby items will be gone. Ugh...its just so annoying. I hope your friend finds something she likes.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Irene1923:

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Yes here too!! Lol

Quoting Angela4boys:

Ugh, yes!  I have a hard time talking when there is a lot of background activity...which at our house there always is. 

Quoting echupko:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting echupko:

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM
That's a huge increase!!!! Wow! I'm so sorry!!!! Good luck! Hugs

Quoting Irene1923:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN