Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Due date...How to deal. Need advice!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

I lost my son on November 1st of 2012 at 23 weeks. His due date is March 12th which is Tuesday. Since the loss I have kept myself insanely busy, working three jobs, now 2 but still working 80-90 hrs a week. Doing things with my daughter outside the house and just on the go constantly because when I'm not, I cry....and it doesn't stop. I have been dreading the month of March since his passing. In the past week I have completely shut everyone out...Not even speaking to my bf. I'm in a world full of emotion and I'm not sure what to do as his due date is approaching. I'm already a reck. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Prayers are appreciated also. Thank you ladies <3

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My due date came and passed pretty uneventfully...but, my date of association is the birth date, which is June 9th. I obviously haven't hit it yet, so things may change, but my plan is to keep it very positive. I want to celebrate is little life. My plan is to make a donation, pay it forward with random acts of kindness, etc...maybe even a cake. I want to think of his life, not in a sad way, but instead honor him and make a difference.

(((Hugs))). I hope you find the perfect way to make your Angels day special!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM

My due date went by uneventfullly. But it was Dec. 4, so it is always crazy that time of the year. I remember thinking that it would be a lot harder than it was. I like Angela was more worried about when I lost her, which was in July. July went by and honestly on the day, I didn't even think about what had happened the year before. I remember thinking about it that week, and I got cards from the hospital...but the day of thankfully I didn't think about it. Granted at that point I was so focused on getting pregnant, that I wasn't focused on much else besides my ovulation cycle and medications. I like Angela's ideas of celebrating.

RheaF
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM

IDK, I will pray for you. My due date is in July and I share it with a Woman at church who is still pregnant. I have no clue how I will deal with that. I am still having a very hard time being around her.

Maybe just allow yourself to feel what you need to feel. Do something that honors your little one. It is spring so maybe start a little garden and get a stone, or statue to honor him?

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Praying for you and so sorry for your loss. Maybe you can do a little memorial or balloon release? Thinking of you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcr2008
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Thank you ladies for the ideas. Unfortunately, I know his day will not come and unoticed. I think about it all too much.

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Idk my dd is the 15th and I'm in the same boat as you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)