Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

prayers needed

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 24 Replies
Yesterday my husband's mom paid for is to go to Sea World for my bday. We walked all day but I took a lot of breaks. Yesterday I started having period like cramps every 10 min. I thought I maybe over did it, just rest. I woke up today still having them so I called my doctor. The told me to come in, good news my cervix is closed. Bad news, I'm on bedrest until at least Wednesday. I go back to get checked again to see what to do from there. If it gets any worse I have to go to Labor and Delivery, bc he said there is nothing they can do. I'm only 21 weeks. I'm really scared. I had a mc 8 mo ago. Please say a prayer for me.
Update: I had to go to Labor and Delivery. It got worse every two minutes. The doctor said that he'd try a.medicine to stop them but that's all they could do. It was three, one every 20 minutes. It worked good. They have gotten better except when I walk to go the bathroom, but I will take what I can get! I am just asking for continued prayer. I know Jesus has my baby and me in hands. Thank you everyone.
Update 2: Went to the doctor and my cervix is starting to funnel. Basically they are real contractions and my body is trying to go into labor. He is keeping on my bedrest my entire pregnancy and on the same medicine I was on to try to stop it. He also wants to put me on a shot once a week if my insurance will approve it. Otherwise its $1000 a shot. I'm believing the word of God and that satan has no right to my body or to my baby. The doctor's goal for me is 28 wks. I WILL make it. Please continue to stand with me.

Update 3/13- Yesterday I had to go into the doc bc my contractions were horrible again. I've been on bed rest and procardia for 10? days. I'm still not dilated but they are now going to start me on P17 shots.. Has anyone had any side effects? This baby has to stay in. Thank you all very much for your prayers.
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schaiswife09
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Praying for you and your little one :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Praying for you and your precious baby!
Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Schaiswife09:

Praying for you and your little one :)
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Are they going to try to do a cerclage? I lost my baby at 20 weeks because of incompetent cervix, which it sounds like that is what is happening to you. They did do the cerclage and started the shots that you described.  I'll pray for you sweetie. God is in control!

cjsix
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs Momma! God is in control...

blessedbyGod141
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
No I'm not a canadite sp?, they said my cervix is good and long and with contractions it would rip the stitch. : (
Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Praying for you and the baby!
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Praying praying that you can keep your sweet baby in for much much longer! Sorry you are going through this. Dont do anything you dont have too. My first son was born at 32 weeks and I had preterm scares from 25 weeks on with my daughter.
Herlache
by Jessie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. My heart and thoughts are with you! ((hugs))
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

praying everything goes well.  take it easy honey and we will all pray

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)