Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I don't know what's going on **UPDATE**(pregnancy mentioned)

Posted by   + Show Post

So today my period was due. About two days ago, I started spotting.... Well today, still the same. So, around noon, I took a pregnancy test, and I saw a faint line. I posted in the TTC group to get some more eyes...everyone thinks it's positive. So I went to the store and got more tests. I took another Wondfo, a FRER, and a digital...both the FRER and wondfo are faint, Clear Blue Digital says "Not Pregnant". I have never had this happen before, not the day of my period. And, I'm still bleeding. So, it's either a chemical pregnancy, or another non viable pregnancy I think.

I will post pictures in replies, I'm mobile. I'm just tired, confused, blah!

***So, I took another test early this morning, and it's very very faint positive, definitely lighter with FMU (pic page 7)...then a few hours later, started bleeding bright red and heavier...so I'm calling this as a chemical or non viable.  Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm ok btw, I don't know why, but I just kinda expect this stuff now.

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
Herlache
by Jessie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Omg they do look positive! I would wait a few days and test again. Remember lots of women spot and some bleed during pregnancy. Fx sending lots of sticky bean dust!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Lol. Id go get a blood test to check my levels if i was you. :)

Quoting Angela4boys:

Hmmm, well right now...my body is kinda pissing me off! ;)

Quoting EAzizM:

Not necessarily. Your body could have changed its mind and done it later.

Quoting Angela4boys:

True, but wouldn't it have happened within 24-48 hours?

Quoting EAzizM:

Positive opks only tell you that you MIGHT ovulate. Not when. :)

Quoting Angela4boys:

Yea, I don't think I did, because I got positive opk's at day 12 and 13 of my cycle.

Quoting EAzizM:

They look positive to me. But i see why you are concerned...the spotting plus the light tests this late...You could have ovulated later though. Good luck! :)
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Well goodness knows I have plenty!

Quoting Herlache:

Omg they do look positive! I would wait a few days and test again. Remember lots of women spot and some bleed during pregnancy. Fx sending lots of sticky bean dust!
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I think if I had gotten a positive digital, I would... But I'm not sure I want to know the level is low or not doubling... Kwim?

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Yea, I don't think I did, because I got positive opk's at day 12 and 13 of my cycle.

Quoting EAzizM:

They look positive to me. But i see why you are concerned...the spotting plus the light tests this late...You could have ovulated later though. Good luck! :)
juniebug11
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM
It looks positive ! Maybe your hormones are not high enough to do the digital pregnancy test. Stay positive :) and update us! Retest in a few days
EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Yea but you could also find out you might have low progesterone or something and you can get that taken are of to possibly ensure a full term pregnancy.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I think if I had gotten a positive digital, I would... But I'm not sure I want to know the level is low or not doubling... Kwim?

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting EAzizM:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:45 PM

This. I'm on this page. 

OT- Like the new profile pic!

Quoting EAzizM:

EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! :)

Quoting momofcrazypants:

This. I'm on this page. 

OT- Like the new profile pic!

Quoting EAzizM:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok, I'm so sorry I got to this so late. Even thought your "14dpo", you could have ovulated a day or two after. It could still be really early. I know your scared, I wish I could say something to change that but I can't.  We know spotting doesn't always mean the loss of a baby, but our brains freak out now whenever we see blood. I know I'm going to be just like that next time too. I hope you can calm down and try to relax and maybe take another test in the morning or the day after. The first two are defiintely positive, and the hcg may not be high enough to make the digital flip to positive. Some pick up hcg at 20, some at 25....

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Tell you jokes? Funny stories? Silly faces?? Internet hug?? Make you a cake???

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Maybe I will take another cheapie tomorrow morning, and decide if it looks good enough to take the other two expensive tests. Or try again the next day.

Quoting juniebug11:

It looks positive ! Maybe your hormones are not high enough to do the digital pregnancy test. Stay positive :) and update us! Retest in a few days
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN