Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

OT-- st Patricks Day

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
It's almost St Patrick Day! I love St Patricks Day and try to have fun with it each year. I have always liked it, then when my son was born a preemie and in the hospital for weeks, he got to come home on St Patricks day, which made me love it more and felt special like it was his birthday.

Do you do anything fun? Wear green?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM
If I remember I wear green. But we don't really do anything.
bwoosley
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Just drink a ton of Guiness! No actually even being part Irish I don't really do anything.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM

We always try to wear green...usually we will have corned beef (although yes, I know it's not really traditional, LOL).  That's about it around here :)

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I was always the kid who forgot to wear green and got pinched! Haha. My best friend died 6 years ago this March, she used to decorate the house like little leprechauns got in. Green food coloroing in the toilet, little footprints, things like that. I may give that a try this year in her memory. She was such a wonderful mother and a really beautiful person, I'd like to start doing stuff like that in honor of her.

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I always attend a local St. Patty's day parade with my kiddos. Past years, it has been during the week so I will have the youngest one or two by myself....and some years it has been on the weekend, so our whole family. I love parades! I make sure the kids have a cute outfit of green to wear. I'm not sure I'll feel like celebrating this year. I want to be pinched-I don't want the end of my pregnancy "this way" to be real! :(  We will probably attend the parade still. 

ragitty
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Wearing green is an absolute must in my family. My grandma is 100% Irish and even though I am only a quarter, it is definitely the part of my heritage I identify with the most. I am thinking about going to the St. Patrick's Day parade in my city because it is a rather large deal, but Idk if it will be a good idea to take ds (I have never been before but we are moving in May so this could be my last chance). However, we might be in St. Louis on St. Patrick's day so it depends on that as well. Other than thet I might just use a few bottles of green food coloring all day and have the lepracauhns visit ds in his sleep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN