Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

any success after preeclampsia

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:07 AM
  • 10 Replies
i lost my little angel last october 2012 due to severe preeclampia.
she was 24 weeks, i had to let her go if i wanted to live the toughest decision we eva had to make.... we had to think of our 6 year old i had to live for her. its been tough
but with time it got better, i still find myself in tear now and then but i jst thank god that i lived for my 6 year old girl.
has anyone eva tried again after preeclampsia and had a succesful pregnancy. what did u do differently i an so scared that i wont be able to cope with another loss.....l

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I am so sorry for your loss :(  I have never had severe preeclampsia, but I was on bedrest for high blood pressure my first pregnancy...my blood pressure was fine the next 5 pregnancies.  Actually, I wasn't on bedrest the entire rest of my 1st pregnancy, I was actually ok during my last 4 weeks after following the brewers diet that a visiting nurse recommended I try.  It worked.  I'm not sure what your blood pressure was though, since you mention severe...mine was about 160/high 90s.  My Norm is 100/60 ish.   Anyway, it may be worth giving a look at if you haven't already.

TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM
My daughter was born at 20 weeks and 5 days. At the time it was unexplained pre term labor. She was my first baby. When I was pregnant with my son, at my appointments my BP was always normal. I was taking NSTs for gestational diabetes and because I have lupus/RA and I was high risk. My BP would always be high after walking a block or two through the city and then a long walk in the hospital. I was having contractions at 32ish weeks so they sent me to L&D. Once I was laying down my BP would be a bit more normal, but it was never consistent. It would jump really high and then five minutes later I would have a normal pressure. I had all the symptoms for pre-e for several weeks by that time. I ended up hospitalized a few days later for monitoring. That's when I was finally diagnosed with an atypical presentation of pre-e ns eventually HELLP. My son was born at 33 weeks. Not a successful as I would have liked but he is here. I believe I went into pre term labor with Norah because I had the same sort of a typical pre-e. my doctor told me a lot of women can have successful pregnancies afterward, I am just very at risk for it because of my auto immune disorders.
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss and what you had to go through. I do not have personal experience with it but wanted to give you a good luck and praying everything will be ok in the future during pregnancy. Have you talked with your dr?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelicmom1984
by April on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I'm very sorry.... I had preeclampsia with my first but it didn't get really severe until I was in labor.  I did have a successful next pregnancy, just had horrible morning sickness for about 7 to 8 months.  I didn't change anything by choice (literally could only keep down coffee and green peppers)

jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM
im so sorry for your loss. i cant imagine being in the possition of having to choose.

i had pre E with my DD luckly it didnt become life threatening till i was 36 wks. so she was an emergancy cs. i then had a DS born 2 yrs later. because of my previous bith we monitered my BP both at home with a meter and weekly office visits and monitering. i was also on bed rest from week 25 and strict bedrest at wk 32 with DD and bedrest from week 20 with DS. i had to moniter what i ate. lots of salt free foods, plenty or fruits and veggies and tons of water. i pray that you can find some answers and finally get your rainbow. may your little one rip ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamatidi
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM
thank you all very much bit by bit time heals hugs
mamatidi
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
thank you all very much bit by bit time heals hugs
Trina7446
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Have you ever heard of taking magnesium supplements from the start of your pregnancy? You can get the mag-g at Walgreens that is supposed to help with that and contractions! Research it and see what you find,I recommend magnesium gluconate. The citrate will give you trouble with your stomach but the gluconate never bothered me

Quoting mamatidi:

i lost my little angel last october 2012 due to severe preeclampia.

she was 24 weeks, i had to let her go if i wanted to live the toughest decision we eva had to make.... we had to think of our 6 year old i had to live for her. its been tough

but with time it got better, i still find myself in tear now and then but i jst thank god that i lived for my 6 year old girl.

has anyone eva tried again after preeclampsia and had a succesful pregnancy. what did u do differently i an so scared that i wont be able to cope with another loss.....l

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheJs
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I had it with my first (It didn't set in until late) and i had her a month early. I successfully had a son 2 years later.

Raeann11
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I am sorry for you loss. I have never had that. But I have had two friends that did. They both have decided not to have more children. One because she has other things going on to and they are not sure they would be able to get her as far as her first was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)