Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: Incompetent doctor and borrowed time!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 14 Replies
Update 3/13/13: In another post I said I have been scheduled for a polypectomy. I amstill stuggling with the details around the procedure. My doctor has not told me a thing about what to expect. After I called to ask about it, the schedulded me to see the doctor tomorrow. Also, he wants me to have a consult with an anesthesiologist prior because of the complications I havve during past surgeries. I called the ansesthesiologt who told me that consult needs to be schdeduled by the hospital when they book the presurgical testing. Presurgical testing tried to give me the number for the anesthesiologsit. When they finally called to book me, Presurgical testing forwarded my call to a nurse who brushed me off. She tried to diagnose my condition over the phone and said many patients are never seen by the anesthesiologist and if the cdoctor wanted the consult it would be written in the orders and her nurse would take care of it when she got them. I asked if she could check on it and she was annoyed, but she did finally go. When she came back, she said the doctor hadn't written it. I told her he did want it. I went through the whole thing again and told her it has to happen the doctor wants it and they could kill me if they don't. She was exasperated that she would have to call the doctor. The doctor just called to confirm my appointment for tomorrow. While I had them on the phone, I asked about it, and they have taken care of it. Thank goodness because I have the testing tomorrow. I would have been extremely upset if I had gotten there and it wasn't done. I have to see the rheumytologist today for some test results. I was referred there for a slightly elevated, nonspecific ANA. Tomorrow, I have the presurgical testing with the anesthesia consult at the hospital, a blood draw for my progestrone levels at the lab, which I know havve to be too low for the point in my cycle ( I am getting crampy already and I am not due for AF until the 21st.), and a consult with the GYN at the office regarding the procedure to get my questions answered. Saturday, we go see the reproductive endocrinologist for the inital consult. Wish me luck!

Are all doctors' offices icompetent or am I just "lucky" like that. I was told I would have a doctor in the room for my sonogram. Instead I got nurse practitioner who could barley do the job and nearly had to have me come back when a doctor was there. I was told I would get a call with the results that night. Fast forward 3 days later. I called to find out what was going on because it looks like I need to get on the schedule for a DNC. The doctor who ordered the sono won't be in until Wedneday, and the other one on Monday. So, here I sit on pins and needles waiting on borrowed time after waiting 6 months because of the other doctors' office I left. Not only am I too old for this sh*t, but my nerves are shot. The stress alone is going to kill me.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM

That is really frustrating. Good luck and sorry you are having to deal with this on top of everything

Irene1923
by Tina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I am sorry your doctor's office isn't on top of things and I know how stressful that can be. I would definitley keep in contact with them to make sure you are seen as soon as possible about your results. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Herlache
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I'm sorry your going through this! I myself am not liking my family dr thinking about getting a new one but they are all the same money hungry and not caring at least the ones around me ((hugs))
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I feel like most are pretty incompetent these days :(.
Zealand2008
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry you are going through this. Seems to be the norm these days. I pretty much tell my doctor what I want him to do.
Mommy59712
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I am SO aggravated with my Dr's office.  There just aren't many to choose from in my town.  I finally called today to schedule with a new one, but they can't see me until MAY.  My bio clock is ticking like a time bomb, so I am pretty frustrated.  I should have called months ago :(   Get loud-apparently that is what we need to do!  

EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM
How frustrating. When i found out i was pregnant i went to a clinic in Chicago. I was dealing with a nice lady doctor who listened to my concerns.

Then i felt off...i knew something was wrong. I went back and she was gone for the day. I had my progesterone levels checked the day before and i was waiting for my results.

The man doctor that was there refused to give me my results and once i caused a scene and got them, he refused to subscribe me supplements. I was livid and wanted to strangle him. He said my 3.8 progesterone level was a good number.

I don't know if he was incompetent or just a

Freaking idiot. Ugh
Zealand2008
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM
What??? 3.8 a good number?? He should be fired.

Quoting EAzizM:

How frustrating. When i found out i was pregnant i went to a clinic in Chicago. I was dealing with a nice lady doctor who listened to my concerns.

Then i felt off...i knew something was wrong. I went back and she was gone for the day. I had my progesterone levels checked the day before and i was waiting for my results.

The man doctor that was there refused to give me my results and once i caused a scene and got them, he refused to subscribe me supplements. I was livid and wanted to strangle him. He said my 3.8 progesterone level was a good number.

Freaking idiot. Ugh

EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Right?! Then the nurses began to argue with me. I had enough. I had them fax my file to my regular ob here in Oklahoma and the same day she put in an order for progesterone at a local Chicago cvs. The nurses in her office were shocked to hear the doc in Chicago said my level was fine. Ugh.

Quoting Zealand2008:

What??? 3.8 a good number?? He should be fired.

Quoting EAzizM:

Freaking idiot. Ugh

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I'm sorry.  That is frustrating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)