Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Soon is Too Soon?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:59 AM
  • 9 Replies

It's only been a few days since my MC. Even though it was early on and presumably a chemical pregnancy, I am feeling the clock ticking. This Tuesday (today is Saturday) I have an exam with my doctor to make sure everything is okay and I can't wait to try again. I know that realistically and logically I shoud wait and focus on myself and my relationship but I can't help it. I've been craving the feeling of a baby in my arms since January. Even the 9 months seem like way too long to wait. :( 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 14 weeks when I lost my baby. I had to have a d&c. When I went for my 2 week checkup, the dr said everything looked good and I could start trying after the first cycle. I think it all depends on your body and your doctor's preference on what they will recommend. I've heard anywhere from immediately to 6 months from what other women are told. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope all is well and you can get your rainbow baby soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
If you feel ready, then do it. We waited a few months to ttc because i still couldn't handle it emotionally. Good luck.
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Every doctor is going to tell you something else.  Some say it's fine to try right away, some say to wait until your period returns so that it's easier to date your pregnancy...some say two cycles...even some say 3-6 months +.  After my last pregnancy, the doctor just said, if you want to have a baby, get pregnant, but never said to wait.  I had done quite a lot of research on the matter, and the newest research shows there is just no benefits to waiting.  If you are psycologically ready, it's fine to try.  (I'm sure there are always exceptions, I'm not suggesting you discard what your doctor says)....but everything I found suggested that those that conceived within 6 months actually had the best outcomes.  Good luck Hun.  Keep us posted.

Brooked18
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM
After a mc when you conceive again do you close doctor monitoring??? I am ttc again after my first mc

Quoting Angela4boys:

Every doctor is going to tell you something else.  Some say it's fine to try right away, some say to wait until your period returns so that it's easier to date your pregnancy...some say two cycles...even some say 3-6 months +.  After my last pregnancy, the doctor just said, if you want to have a baby, get pregnant, but never said to wait.  I had done quite a lot of research on the matter, and the newest research shows there is just no benefits to waiting.  If you are psycologically ready, it's fine to try.  (I'm sure there are always exceptions, I'm not suggesting you discard what your doctor says)....but everything I found suggested that those that conceived within 6 months actually had the best outcomes.  Good luck Hun.  Keep us posted.

Angela4boys
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM

No, not really, unless you press for it.  My first loss was at 16 weeks.  When I had got pregnant again, they didn't schedule me for my first appt until 10 weeks...I lost that one at 9 weeks though.  Now I'm sure you could force the issue if you want. 

Quoting Brooked18:

After a mc when you conceive again do you close doctor monitoring??? I am ttc again after my first mc

Quoting Angela4boys:

purfectlilly
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
After my first, my dr told me to call as soon as I got a positive. They ran my blood but I lost that too. I'm on my 3rd and they've been monitoring me from the beginning. I'm 14 weeks, I've had 3 hcg tests, 2 u/s, heard the heartbeat. I have monthly apts with Dr not tech and have a direct number to their office. All without ever having asked. Your dr should look out for you. Obviously we are stressed and need someone to take care of us.

Quoting Angela4boys:

No, not really, unless you press for it.  My first loss was at 16 weeks.  When I had got pregnant again, they didn't schedule me for my first appt until 10 weeks...I lost that one at 9 weeks though.  Now I'm sure you could force the issue if you want. 

Quoting Brooked18:

Quoting Angela4boys:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Everyone is different thats why I say to listen to what your doctor suggests.  If he gives the go ahead and you want to then go ahead.  Sometimes there is never a good time to have a baby.  So if you want a baby and know you can do it no matter your circumstances then its your choice.  

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My doctor told me we could try again right away and we did. We got pregnant 3 weeks after I miscarried, and everything turned out fine. Different doctors say different things, and some of it depends on your history. I think the biggest factor is just how you and your SO feel though. If you're ready and have gotten the go ahead, go for it. But if you're hesitant, just give it another month or two until you are ready to go. Hugs!

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

i guess it really depends on you. 

I think right away is to soon. but I dont' know. Maybe I don't. I want that healthy baby! I was thinking about it today & I want it now--I have a lot of friends due this summer & going thru the summer with no baby to birth will make it really hard to deal! :( Maybe if I were pregnant again....starting over...it would help heal me? 

Of course, I have had four normal, healthy winter babies already. I was SO READY for a summer baby! I was so excited to do SUMMER BIRTHDAYS! And now, I can't. :( And if wait a few cycles--I can try for another summer baby....but maybe my body is just not going to give me a summer baby....maybe I should just stick with a winter baby....and go for another now! :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)