Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naming an angel baby after 8 years.

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 19 Replies

Has anyone else named their angel baby, even though they were only a few weeks along?  Eight years ago in March I miscarried a baby.  I wasn't very far along but my ex and I decided to name the baby anyways for closure for ourselves.  Well, the name my ex decided on, I didn't like and never thought that as to be his name.  We broke up shortly after I had my miscarriage.  Somehow, I felt like my baby would have been a boy and I could never decide on the perfect name for my angel baby.   I finally found the perfect name for my baby, Oliver Riley.  I feel like a part of my life has finally come together for me, I feel complete now.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caitipenn
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I lost mine at 10 wks. We named ours jaime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Herlache
by Jessie on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I lost mine at 9 weeks 3 days. I felt it was a girl and named her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM

That is a beautiful name :)

ragitty
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I lost mine at 8 weeks. We named him (gut feeling) Eli Christopher. I am glad that you feel more at peace. I love that name :)

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I was 13 weeks when we lost our Elizabeth Rose. It was never a question for us, I immediately gave her the girl name we had picked out.
Mrs.Bolin
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

yes, i was 7 weeks along when i lost my angel baby 9/27/11. My bestfriends sister lost her 3 yr old son march 25 last year due to a drowning and a friend of hers gave her a book. Im not sure what its called but it talks about naming your baby because you will one day see your baby in heaven and he/she wont have a name. She said that we should name our baby. We named ours Rylee.  My husband believes that our baby was a boy and i think she was a girl deep down in my heart and also i went by the chinese calander too cause it was never wrong with my 4 yr old and 6 month old daughters. lol. Doesnt matter.  I guess we will find out one day ;)

shoot4thestars
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Quoting blessedmommie07:

That is a beautiful name :)

Thank you!
shoot4thestars
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Quoting ragitty:

I lost mine at 8 weeks. We named him (gut feeling) Eli Christopher. I am glad that you feel more at peace. I love that name :)

I believe that's how far a long I was too. Thank you.
shoot4thestars
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

yes, i was 7 weeks along when i lost my angel baby 9/27/11. My bestfriends sister lost her 3 yr old son march 25 last year due to a drowning and a friend of hers gave her a book. Im not sure what its called but it talks about naming your baby because you will one day see your baby in heaven and he/she wont have a name. She said that we should name our baby. We named ours Rylee.  My husband believes that our baby was a boy and i think she was a girl deep down in my heart and also i went by the chinese calander too cause it was never wrong with my 4 yr old and 6 month old daughters. lol. Doesnt matter.  I guess we will find out one day ;)

aww....I'm sorry for your losses.  I have wandered that too about meeting him in Heaven and what I would call him.    Usually mother's instincts are right about the gender of the baby! :)  I knew before I had my son in Decemeber that he was going to be a boy even before I was pregnant with him.

TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I named my second angel after three years, it was a peaceful thing to have him be named.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)