Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Why do I do this to myself?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 5 Replies
My baby girl was born sleeping 3 1/2 weeks ago. I know it is normal to cry and grieve. I have cried every day since her birth. My husband went back to work last week, my other 3 children are in school. I am home alone during the day by myself. I look at my baby's urn, talk to her, read passages from the Bible, and cry while doing all of that. I also read books about stillbirth, look online about stillbirth and then go to YouTube and watch videos. It just brings back such "memories"and thoughts about our precious angel. Why do I torture myself day in and day out doing this to myself? Is this normal? I feel like I am killing myself inside to get the hurt out! I sob heavy sobs when looking at pictures of other stillborn babies.
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Aww Hun, that's an important step in the process, you are grieving.  Let the tears flow, your baby is worth every single one.  I hate crying too...but it's just a part of the process (((hugs)))

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM

It's part of the process...although it may not seem like a help....it's helping.... :( 

Herlache
by Jessie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Angela4boys said it perfectly! The only thing I can say besides is don't bottle it up. Talk about it, let it out, it will help. ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I delivered a stillborn little girl in July of 2011. I think you have to grieve the way you grieve. I didn't watch videos about stillbirth, but I read a lot about my medical condition that led to her being stillborn. I prayed to her in the beginning, becase I was so hurt that God didn't save her that it was hard to pray to him. But I felt that she would tell him for me. After a while, I stopped doing that so I feel that she did. God healed a lot of my hurt for me.  I think people expect people to bounce back from miscarriages and stillbirths quicker than what is realistic. You wouldn't expect a child to bounce back 3 weeks after losing their mother, why should mothers bounce back after 3 weeks? Cry, pray, read...do what you need to do. Know that we are all here for you.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM

*hugs*  I don't know if that is normal but you need to keep yourself busy.  I don't think it is healthy to do that to yourself.  Have you thought about counseling or looking for a local support group?  Both have helped me tremendously but I also have a younger one at home so he kept me busy.  Pick up a hobby, try new things, go out and do things.  It is difficult and emotional to get out at the beginning but I remember I really felt better when I got out of the house and did something, anything.  Even if I went out and still cried it was better than being at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN