Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I did something stupid....

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I have been wanting a family/guard dog for a while. I found a pup a week ago online....I kept looking and looking and his picture kept popping up. Well, I went and picked him up yesterday. He is a German Lab mix and just a baby. We havent named him yet.

My family thinks its silly for me to have a dog because I have to take care of a child and I'm not sure their other reasons. I got him regardless of what they think.

I had a miscarriage in November at 23 weeks. My babies due date was on 3/12/13. I don't know why, but I kind of feel this pup was meant to be with us as silly as that sounds.

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
So cute. Dont worry about others if you wanted him and he makes you happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cassie241986
by Cassie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM
So cute! Makes me want a puppy.
Irene1923
by Tina on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
He is adorable. Don't worry what others think...you know what you can handle. Pets are wonderful.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Precious!
Harleysmom213
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

don't worry, about 8 months ago i did the same post! only it was a dog being given away at walmart right after my mc. the sad part for me was that in reality we couldn't afford a dog, but my mom and dad adopted her. so she is still in the family and i wasn't allowed at walmart alone for quite a while, lol. you aren't the only one.

Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM

TOO CUTE!!! I love puppies. Who cares what other people think. You gave a puppy a good home. As long as you can take care of and love this animal, you are doing a good thing. Thank you for sharing!

mcr2008
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Thank you ladies for the reassurance. We've had him less than 24 hours and he fits perfectly in our family already.

mcr2008
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Quoting Harleysmom213:

don't worry, about 8 months ago i did the same post! only it was a dog being given away at walmart right after my mc. the sad part for me was that in reality we couldn't afford a dog, but my mom and dad adopted her. so she is still in the family and i wasn't allowed at walmart alone for quite a while, lol. you aren't the only one.

Awww so sweet. Hahahahah yea, hey at least now you will have shopping buddies lol.

baby7810
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM

awwww so sweet

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM
How is that stupid? He's adorable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)