Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

2 weeks on Thursday

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM
  • 16 Replies

Thursday will mark 2 weeks since I found out that there was no heartbeat.  I still haven't miscarried on my own...I have an appt on Thursday to discuss options.  I can not wait any longer.  The baby stopped growing at around 7 weeks.  I would have been 14 weeks on Friday.  Pretty sure my body is not going to do it on its own at this point.  What are your experiences with cyotec vs d&c?  I'm scared of both :(.  

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Im so sorry you are going through all of this and for your loss. I have not had either but I was given methotrexate for a loss and it passed everything like it was supposed to.  I hope that you are able to get answers here and whatever you choose I hope it works with no complications and a quick recovery.   We are all here to support you when you need it

Bailee2b
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Thank you!  I haven't heard of methotrexate before.

Quoting MommaBoop922:

Im so sorry you are going through all of this and for your loss. I have not had either but I was given methotrexate for a loss and it passed everything like it was supposed to.  I hope that you are able to get answers here and whatever you choose I hope it works with no complications and a quick recovery.   We are all here to support you when you need it

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM
*hugs* I'm sorry. I heard bad things about cyotec so I would say D&C
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dfaley1066
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know its hard. I have only had two natural miscarriages and one D&C. It's quick and slight cramping that day and next but slight bleeding for a couple weeks.
Herlache
by Jessie on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I had a d&c. It was painless for me only slight cramping. I didn't want to pass the baby myself. I know that would not have been good for me. I don't think I could have mentally prepared myself. Good luck ((hugs))
Bailee2b
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Thanks guys.  I'm leaning towards the d&c but it's hard to make a decision at all.  Just wish my body would decide for me!

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I'm so sorry you're still waiting. :( I don't have experience with either, but I hope you can come to a decision you're comfortable with and that it goes as smoothly as possible. Hugs!

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Go to the health food store and buy some raspberry leaf tea. I swear that is what got my body ready... although, my OB says that at some point our bodies will naturally m/c the lost baby, so I can't be for sure for sure...but I definitely think the tea helped. I drank it 3x a day for 3 days. In my natural mc research---the tea was mentioned to be a boost to a natural mc along with several other things. All I did was the tea though--I wanted to drink it for uterus strength. 

I was scheduled to induce with cytotec but never had it since I finally mc'd at home. I hemmoraged though and had to go in for an emergency D&C. It all went smoothly as it could. I was afraid of the cytotec induction as well and of a D&C. I was happy not to have the cytotec induction though the nurses tried to give it to me at the hospital anyways before the D&C. (They didn't, the OB vetoted it with me). It's scary either way though! I was hemmoraging and I seized in my husband's arms do to my body naturally laboring at home! That was scary! I regretted the tea during that! What did I do I thought!? The fear is there either way. 

The D&C was fine. It was scary but the nurses & all were great and nice & I watch Grey's Anatomy--so rolling into the OR--I calmed my mind by pretending I was playing a guest role on that show...I was scared but they moved quickly to put me out! 

Hugs & Prayers! Good Luck! Walking around knowing you lost the baby and your body being pregnant is hard! It was so hard for my mind to know but my body said "pregnant"....I'd lie on my bed and hold my hard and growing belly and weep! :(  I was further along though at 19 weeks! My baby was only 14 weeks though! 

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I ended up opting for a D&C and the recovery process wasn't bad with that.

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Please read the risks of cytotec before using it. It can cause uterine rupture. There is a movement out there to get that ban from hospitals for use in inducing labor and miscarriage
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN