Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

i cant hold it in

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 14 Replies

im sitting here crying my eyes out. and its mostly my sister's fault. ever since her getting pregnant, thats all she does around me is talk about her pregnancy. how she cant wait to get it over with, how she hates being tired all the time and omg if i hear her saying i need to go to the er again for so and so im going to really loose it!! all the attention HAS to be on her. as soon as it is directed to someone else (like my other sister who is moving back to here to Wichita) then something is wrong with her or the baby. she has to be checked out. they are still bouncing from house to house with their 3 kids. and then the other day she started throwing this huge ass fit cause she has to fill out a certain amount of job apps to get cash assistance. she was worse then when i tell my almost 5 yr old no ice cream for breakfast! 

its been 7 months since i gave birth. tomorrow will be 7 months since we said goodbye. there are days when i am just fine. but lately its been hard. esp. since getting a false + on a hpt. i went to the dr. to find out i have a cyst and now they are testing for ovarian cancer. i swear my life sucks! my super sweet dh is taking us all to Disney world in May. he says we need some fun and togetherness. i hope this helps. but i know its not going to be the same, cause we will be missing another person. my baby girl.

Wife to Donald for 6 yrs (Annver. 12/30) and mommy to 6!

Jason 6, Alexis 5, Catelynn 3, Ethan 2 and 2 angels. Baby Fletcher lost to MC 11/13/11 and Makayla lost to premature labor at 24 weeks 5 days 08/17/12 - 08/21/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

You may have left my arms but you will never leave my heart! 

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I'm sorry for your loss and that your sister is acting like that. People are so inconsiderate :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Has your sister always been like that though and it just hurts worse because she is pregnant? 

My SIL monopolizes all my inlaws time. She has redirected attention away numerous times. My beef is really with my SIL most days....I think this is the first time she hasn't redirected attention away....

Disney World is great. Have y'all been before?? That will be so fun! Make sure you book for "Mickey's Backyard BBQ"---it is by far the best character meal ever! It's so different from any of the other meals because it is casual and relaxed. The kids DANCE with the characters the entire time! It's so fun--the food is awesome! It's a huge party....all the other meals are sit down, characters come to your table for a hug and photo and move on. We always do the BBQ one. It's usually our "end" to our vacation. :)  

I know what you mean by getting away. I want to get away so badly! We're going on a weekend trip to Gatlinburg next week for Spring Break. It's in the mountains and it is away from everyone. My inlaws were really hoping we'd come to their house in boringville. And my mom was hoping for us to come to the beach (her house). But I need time alone with just my family. :(  I need a little bit of fun! We all do! A trip to take our mind off the grief....of course, we all know we'll be thinking about "who's missing"....but still....a trip away is always a must! 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM

(((hugs)))  I'm sorry.  Family, can't live with them, can't live with them ;)  I hope you guys do have a great time at Disney, I do think you guys need to have some fun, it will be so nice to get away from the "family" did I mention you can't live with them ;)

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I'm so sorry. My sister is a little "touched" herself and acts a fool more than not. With her last pregnancy, number 5, she threw a fit because no one threw her a baby shower. She's currently pregnant with number 6 and decided she wanted to tell me right before she came to visit me almost 2 weeks ago. The whole time she was around me, she rubbed her belly like it was a magic lamp expecting some genie to pop out. It's hard. I hope you guys have a great time at Disney too. We'd like to go one day maybe.

kahlansmommy
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I am sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. We lost our daughter at birth one month ago. My suggestion to your sister is take her aside. Tell her your thoughts. Remind her she will have a precious baby soon, just take it one day at a time. I know it sounds hard. It will make you feel better, maybe not her, but at least she will know how you feel.

As for the vacation, take it. But, bring something along with you to remember your baby girl by. We are going to Indiana tomorrow for junior high basketball tournament (we live in NE) and I am dying inside, not able to talk to my baby in her urn. I am going to bring along her little pink hat. It still smells so sweet, like her.

Take care

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM

*hugs*  I'm sorry.  I wouldn't be able to stand that crap either.  And definitely not something you need.  It's a lot to go through.  I hope you enjoy Disney World.  I know it is hard when your hurting but your daughter will want you to still enjoy life, it doesn't mean you miss her or love her any less, she knows how much you miss and love her.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM

im sorry for your loss, i can't imagine. and i would tell my sister to shove a cork in it. but thats just me. 

i think you should distance yourself from her. its not healthy. maybe seek some kind of counciling. 

Michaela880
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Im so sorry hun, 9 month and 2 weeks ago we said goodbye to aour baby ,I know your feeling when someone talk about their pregnancy, I know its to hard, but these are people, they dont realy understand how hard is for those who lost a baby, how its to burry your own child,how its to say goodbye to a child wich you didnt have possibiity to hear her/his voice....its really hard...May God Bless u with healing and strenght to live around "these " people...HUG***

Sylvia1984
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

i'm sorry or the loss of your daughter, i mc rose last month. and i'm sorry you have a sister like that some people just need to have all the attention  sadly i know a few. (ie my sil) try to have fun on your vacation and i dont think you have anythin to worry about the cyst had same problem and it was nothing to worry about. hugs and prayers 

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Sorry, I know it is hard to be around pregnant family members I have two I am around luckily they do not talk to me much about their pregnancies since they know what I went through.  One thing in your post that really stuck out to me is I lost my baby a month ago and I was having stomach pains and they did a CT Scan and they believe I have a cyst on my right ovary.  I have to go get an ultra sound in April I am hoping that you and I will find that it is nothing but just a cyst and that is it.  I am the same as you some days I am ok and others I get down knowing I am suppose to be pregnant right now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)