Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Are people so heartless...

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

To say maybe its best the 15 year olds baby don't make it.... 

Yes, she is young but some young mothers grow up to be the best mothers... 

And even if not, NO child deserves to die! 

The decency of some people makes me want to cry.

who says this won't be her last baby? 

Ugh!!!

>Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM

People are heartless and cruel. And it's just as if we've never experienced a loss....we don't understand that grief unless it's personal. :(  It's sad....on the other hand, optimisim and honesty are most often taken as "cruel"....honesty can hurt....someone who may have said that was thinking "that girl can go on with her normal 15 year old life"....the loss will effect her differently than a baby would.... so some that say it aren't heartless, they are just looking at it a different way than most. 

mmyof2armywife
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM

This specific one I'm talking about said its because a 15 year old can NOT be a mother, nothing about her living a normal 15 year old life...

Quoting Happy_Mcboobs:

People are heartless and cruel. And it's just as if we've never experienced a loss....we don't understand that grief unless it's personal. :(  It's sad....on the other hand, optimisim and honesty are most often taken as "cruel"....honesty can hurt....someone who may have said that was thinking "that girl can go on with her normal 15 year old life"....the loss will effect her differently than a baby would.... so some that say it aren't heartless, they are just looking at it a different way than most. 

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I think that was in the mom confessions group. Women over there are vicious. Regardless of the topic.

mmyof2armywife
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM

It was and it tears me up that a mother would even say that... 

No matter the mothers age the baby doesn't deserve to die because the mother had sex young...

Quoting momofcrazypants:

I think that was in the mom confessions group. Women over there are vicious. Regardless of the topic.

TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I started reading that and had to stop. I was 16 when I lost Norah at 21 weeks in 2008. People were cruel because they thought her dying was for the best, my life wouldn't be 'ruined'. My loss hurt, even still five years later and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I know for me, my age and preparedness wasn't the best, but I still had a mother's love for my child. I was afraid to talk about it for a very long time because of my age, actually.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I agree. It's horrible. All the way around. My heart breaks for her. It's tragic.

Quoting mmyof2armywife:

It was and it tears me up that a mother would even say that... 

No matter the mothers age the baby doesn't deserve to die because the mother had sex young...

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Tawnmarie
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I read this and it made me sick obviously the person or persons in this case have never experienced a loss to claim they are looking at it from a different point is obsurd to justify it because I see it like this if god decides to bring her home the loss can be just as detremental to her life as having a baby would anyone who has experienced this knows it lives with you and changes who you are think of a 15 year old mind frame coping with a loss it can change her and her life just as much as a living child I believe god wouldn't have blessed her with a child if it isn't meant to be age should not come into play when a family is needing support and prayers and a mom can be a mom at any age and reading the story is sad because just for this reason she is in the situation she is she was scared to tell anyone because of judgement and fear of some wanting her to get an abortion she wants this child planned or not and I'm sure would fight for her and work for her because of her motherly love regardless of age people should be praying she pulls through not wishing death for the better when in honesty it wouldn't be no one knows her or her situation love or willingness to provide for this child so therefore they should not be making judgements that are not theirs to make I pray for her her baby family and that the sick minded individuals who wish a loss on this mother and baby have their eyes opened to the cruelty of their words I would never wish a loss on anyone but maybe some should know the feeling to truly understand that they would never want anyone to feel it. And it also brought up pa in my eyes if it's needed and not abused in this economy the most prepared can need it and it to me is just like a fundraiser or medical help raised sometimes others need help and it's human and just to provide it ecspecially with the prices of things some are working endlessly and still have the need for basic necessitys after paying for bills so please find it in your hearts to look around you try to understand before passing judgement
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
canadianmommy4
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

That is sicking that a MOTHER  would say that...well that anyone would say that. Like tawnmarie had mentioned this person has obviously never experienced a loss before, and is just shooting hurtful words out there. 

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM

people just don't think.  That was still a baby, no matter who the mother was.  People just don't think at all.....

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Oh in confessions?  Yes that was disgusting.  I try and not read them when I know it will turn ugly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)