Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update of feeling lucky post

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 22 Replies
No period yet no positive test either I have been using 88 cent Walmart should I buy a different brand? Doctor said that I should test this weekend and then if by start of April if still no positive and no period hell give me provera to jump start me so I can take the clomid since that's what it took to get CaydAnn so moms opinions what do you think period in feb was the 21 and period in jan was the 14 so I'm still in normal range. Have been being gassy cramps and diarrhea like she's going to come nothing yet though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:09 AM
id say wait a couple more days then try a differant test. also make sure the doc does a blood test before anything. with 3 of my pregancies, including my DS, a blood test was needed. good luck :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jae414
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I'd say wait a couple more days. But I never had any problems with the cheap tests.
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Wait a few more days and retest. I know FRERs are sometimes a little better at showing early positives.

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I would wait a bit more time. I know its torture to not know, also try the FRERs
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I would say use first response if you are early or close to when AF is supposed to come.  I did clomid for three months and then when i started getting cysts they prescribed me Femera. Wishing you luck either way. :)

Tawnmarie
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Yeah I did it for four months before er got CaydAnn 3 at 50 and the fourth at 100 which is when i got prego no cysts thank goodness I'm just anxious to start taking it if this cycle didn't work naturally I know they say your more fertile after delivery but I believe that I'm having the same issues so I believe clomid will be the answer again
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I'd say wait a few days and retest. I've used FRERs alongside the cheap ones and never noticed any difference - they've both started showing positives on the same day. Do you know when you ovulated? 

Tawnmarie
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM
That's what I thought is a test is a test but apparently there is different sensitivities etc .
Tawnmarie
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Does anyone know the difference in sensitivities between first signal and frer
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I would wait a few days to test as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)