Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evil mother-in-law RANT....

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

The hospital where we had our loss at does a graveside memorial service 3 times a year, so having lost in December, last Saturday was our turn :(    My in-laws were so horrible to us during our time of loss-not even asking when the service was.  Well.....I didn't want to live with the guilt of not inviting them, so I emailed her the card with the info.  Soooooo.....after barely speaking to us for 3 months, not acknowledging our loss, just being horrible in general, and telling us how we should be over it....she shows up at the cemetery dressed all proper and talking to the priest and the nuns and the nurses like she is the queen bee of the grieving grandmothers.  I wanted so bad to call her out about her behavior, but it obviously wasn't the time or place.  Then she fake hugged us in front of everyone.  And, of course, we haven't heard from her since.  I swear, if I am lucky enough to conceive and carry another baby, these people do not deserve to be in its life.  Growl.  Sorry, just had to vent.  That was my day, not hers.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry (((hugs)))  you were very kind to invite her. 

Harleysmom213
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

ACK! "apperances" I hate those! well, if you ever choose to have her in life after this, just treat her with the same "respect" she has given you. at least then you'll have "appeared" to have gotten over it. luckily it sounds like you won't have to deal with it too often. sorry she was so horrible.

Herlache
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I know how you feel... except it my own mother... I have excluded her from my life its not worth the effort to me. ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry honey- you did right by inviting her, screw her after that.

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Aw. Hugs. MIL's are like that....mine is actually making effort....she is calling ME once a week. She has never called me in ten years---she calls either her son (DH) or the grandkids....so obviously something got thru to her....either that, or she is chalking me standing up for myself & my husband to "pregnancy hormones" once again and is just putting on her Southern charm so she can remain "blameless"....

It's hard to make effort for toxic. On one hand, you don't want to cut them off (obviously since you invited her/told her about the ceremony) and on the other hand, you want to steer clear away from them. It's hard. It's good to vent though....I like to write it all down, have someone pat me on the back, and than I'm able to move forward for the next issue... :) 

Cal2006
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM

My hospital had something similar. I haven't been to the garden or the service. It is still too painful. Our plan has been that when we have our baby (we want to use the same hospital as my mom works there) that we'll take a photo in the garden next to her brick (they made a brick for all of the babies). So that our family is complete. Three losses later, we still haven't taken our photo or seen the garden. But for me I'm holding out hope for that family photo. I am sorry for your mother in law's behavior. But I give you all praise for having the strength to go to that service. Your family is stronger than mine in that way.

felisss
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Hugs, it sucks. 

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM
*hugs* I'm sorry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)