Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One week later.... that was a hard hit...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 5 Replies
Yesterday was a hard time for me. My bff got pregnant a month after I did. I was so excited at the time cause we would be going through everything together. But was worried for her because she had a cyst that was putting her in danger of miscarriage. I asked my church to pray for her, not knowing that I was about to lose Jordan.

One week after I found out about my bff's baby, we lost Jordan. One week after my d&c (yesterday) she calls me to give me an update on her baby, which I had asked her to do.

She is at 8 weeks pregnant. Her cyst is shrinking. Her baby is fine; they heard the heartbeat. Now my heart is breaking again. I would have been 12 weeks this week. Her baby has already lived a week and 4 days longer than Jordan. I cried after I got off the phone. And I'll never tell her how upset I got. She's been trying for this baby for 6 years, and I'm truly happy for her. But it doesn't make it easier.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I'm so sorry. :( I had a similar experience - my best friend got pregnant the week after we did. We were due 8 days apart. I miscarried, she didn't. She was very gracious the whole time though and did not talk about her pregnancy around me at all until I got pregnant again. She did go get an early ultrasound at about 7 weeks just to make sure everything was okay because my experience scared her so much and she kept the ultrasound picture on her fridge. It stung a little every time I saw it. But, like you, I was (am) truly happy for her. Her little girl is an absolute delight. But yes, it doesn't make it easier...just kind of serves as a reminder of what "might have been". Hugs. 

by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I am really sorry.
My friends 15 year old daughter got pregnant close after I was and her papa was at first slightly upset about it but accepted it. I talked to him almost every day. Well, I lost my lil one that time in week 8 (V-Day when the process started) and I was devastated as you could be. Wasn't planned, but loved already. She continued and gave birth 1 month after my due date to a lil baby girl. Her dad send me a picture announcement and it hurt, but I was happy for her, even send her some neutral baby clothes I had left from my boys so she had something to start with.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM

That's hard. I'm sorry. I have close friends who are expecting around the same time I was. Same thing, I'm happy for them but it is a definite reminder of what we've lost. (hugs)

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Hugs! It isn't easy. Good for you to ask for baby details about her baby though.

I can't face my pregnant friends. I have one who is on her first...she was counting on me to help with a baby shower...she had sent me a message on fb to ask about getting together to talk pregnancy/babies the day after my natural m/c. I just can't face any of my friends who are due this summer. :(  It was like a chain...we were all finding out gender....our are due dates lined up.... 

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, and I know how hard it is on you to celebrate her as much as you love her and want to. I've been there but thankfully not for a BEST friend and not after they had tried for 6 years. But please take this in the spirit in which it is intended....maybe you were/are meant to care for her (once you heal more). She sounds like she is going to have a high risk pregnancy. She will need support, maybe helping her will help you. I know that being on this site helps me heal. I feel that me sharing my story helps others and that helps me. Maybe, because you lost yours, she won't complain or see the morning sickness, tiredness, etc. I don't mean just complain to you, but complain to herself. I know that my pregnant friends will say something that might sound like a complaint, but then they quickly say...but it is worth it. I think sometimes pregnant people see their pregnacy as a badge of honor and free pass to complain about every stage, instead of cherishing it. (even people that ttc for a long time).  When they are around someone that lost their baby and want to be where they are, they tend to see their pregnancy as the blessing it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)