Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

bad couple of days

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

its been six weeks to the day since i loss my little girl. most days i feel like it wont ever get better. especially the last two nights waking up screaming, not being able to go back to sleep cause I'm scared I'll relive it all over again. mind you i went to doc earlier this week  she gave me rx for ambien and that hasn't helped with sleep if i have that nightmare, i also had her set up appointment for therapy i pray that it will help me cause i cant keep this up. i feel so worn down especially having to go to work feeling like this, yesterday i spent half my shift in the bathroom crying. today no crying but everyone knew just like yesterday i wasn't really there. on top of that i had one of my co workers ask how was the pregnancy going it broke my heart all over again to have to tell her i loss my Rose, she  then goes into her story how her aunt had 5 mc before having her only child. i don't want to have to go through this again don't know if i can handle it. I don't start therapy till the 8Th it can't come fast enough.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I'm sorry. I know what you mean. People tell you all sorts of things that don't make you feel better. They mean well but who wants to hear those stories. I had that fear of getting pregnant again too. I told my dh I didn't know if I wanted to try again because I couldn't go through that again but now it's been 4 months and I no longer feel that way. I have done a lot of soul searching and connecting with God and although I still get sad and have my moments, I'm more positive about the future. We don't get over this we work through it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bailee2b
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I'm so sorry for the pain that you are experiencing.  I hope that therapy gives you the relief that you need!

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I'm so sorry you are going through this (((hugs)))  did the nightmare, screaming start when you started the Ambien?  I know two different people who cannot take Ambien because of vivid dreams.  Maybe you are one of those people?

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

We all take two steps forward and four steps backwards in our grief. :( it doesn't make it easier but that is the realization I've come to for myself... :( 

Sylvia1984
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM

no was having them before as well. i was hoping that it would help the first two nights i took it was fine actually got a full nights sleep. but the second and third i had them again, i didn't go to sleep till 4 this morning i was up by 8. i didn't take Rx last night was scared to sleep.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I'm so sorry you are going through this (((hugs)))  did the nightmare, screaming start when you started the Ambien?  I know two different people who cannot take Ambien because of vivid dreams.  Maybe you are one of those people?

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
*hugs* I'm sorry your going through a rough time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BrokenHeart805
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby girl.  I have been put on sleeping meds as well and i have found that some nights they work and some nights they dont.  i started therapy about 2 months ago and i have found it very helpful, the key is to finding someone you feel comfortable with.  Goodluck sweetie!

gcecelie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I'm sorry hun. *hugs* We just lost our daughter too and one thing we do to avoid awkward conversations is say upfront, "We miscarried on the 13th and it's hard for me to talk about it. If you do not mind, can we just not discuss...?" Then change the topic to the weather or I crack jokes.

I cannot believe you are working through this and sorry that you have to. That has to be so hard because you do not have time to mourn properly.

Stay strong.

Sylvia1984
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM

working is hard i went back two weeks later. didn't want to but had to. i deal with tourist so you can imagine how many pregnant women and families with kids and babies i see. most days I'm able to keep it together until i get home. but i have my days were i need to leave early or i stay but i'm not really there if you know what i mean. i work with about 75 other people and a handful are also pregnant. i did tell management when it happened to tell staff cause i didn't want to talk about it. but i guess not everyone got the memo.

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Hope therapy will help.  It is hard sometimes to go on when the world doesn't stop and you so badly want it to. 

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN