Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Miscarriage-Advice and Support Would Be Great!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

My husband and I have been TTC for about 8 months when I found out I was pregnant in February.  Of course we were so excited about our little one, due in October.  

We had some concerns about the growth of the baby, so I was monitored closely.  This past Monday I miscarried.  I know I'm only 29, but I am so devistated.  My husband's pretty much kept to himself but has been supportive, and we haven't been talking about it.  I thought I was at peace with everything, but find myself crying at random times.  Any advice to get past this hard time.

Before getting pregnant, I was taking Fertiaid to help my cycles become more regular.  Does anyone know if this contributed to our complications? 

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Just let yourself grieve and get it all out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry. :( Miscarriages are devastating at any age though, so don't let that play into it! Fertilaid should actually help things, so it shouldn't have contributed to any complications. I actually take something similar and it's part of my magical medical formula for getting pregnant. One of the important things it will do is boost/normalize your progesterone levels which will make you less likely to miscarry. Anyway, I'm so sorry for your loss! Hugs!

Irene1923
by Tina on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss. It takes time to grieve and even when you are felling better there may still be bad days from time to time. If you can't talk to your DH, maybe try writing out how you feel in a journal. *Hugs*
DelilahsMom4108
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Sorry for your loss. It's completely normal to be sad. Allow yourself to grieve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bailee2b
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss!  My husband is the same way.  I also find myself crying randomly when I think I am doing okay.

Herlache
by Jessie on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I'm sorry for your loss! It takes time to grieve. My dh acts like it never happened I think its just his way of dealing. ((hugs))
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.  A loss is devistating at any age, and regarless of how long you have tried.  (((HUGS)))  I know nothing about fertilaid, but it's most likely not a contributer.  We all question everything we do, took, EVERYTHING....it's normal.  I do it too. 

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I lost my 5th baby this month. 

I've come to realize that grieving a loss is like a preschool board game...where you draw a card one day that moves you two steps forward and the next day, you draw a card that moves you four steps backwards...it's a hard process to heal from...you never fully get over your grief...years later, you will have a moment that will set you off in anger/crying....there's no shame in the grief. It's good for us to grief the loss as we see fit....(in extreme cases--help from a little pill/counseling is necessary)...don't feel bad... it's normal what you are feeling....

coming to a group like this and "venting"--is helpful for sure!

And remember, husbands grieve too but they grieve differently than us! So don't get mad at him for his grief or "lack of" either. You two will be fine...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)