Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

dreaming of babies

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 11 Replies
For 2 nights in a row I have a dream about babies. first 1 I had a boy but I only have him for a few minutes in didn't see him again. then the next night I had a dream about a little girl and we were going somewhere with her. I could see her hair what color it was but her face was blurry and I could see her clothes. The boy I couldn't see any of that. just a blue blanket and he was gone, i think maybe he was the one i lost and she is the one Im going to have. What do you guys think? Have any of you had a dream like that? I am not pregnant btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hill4evr
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I had a dream that the one I lost was a boy a few days after. i don't know why it may just be because we already have a girl. I don't put too much stock in dreams, but I did have a dream that we had moved into a new house and we had two little girls rooms set up and we were working on the nursery and it was blue! So we will see what my future holds, I might be changing my mind about how true dreams are, hmmm.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I have not.  My friend has had dreams of who she lost, she thinks, but "he" was a teen, they were driving in a car, windows down, radio on, just having a great time, and she said he had a beautiful smile, and she just knew it was her son. 

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I had a dream right after my loss. I was on the sinking Titanic and I had to protect a baby boy....I was running around trying to find a lifeboat.... my husband was even there at somepoint....I felt like it was me trying to protect my son who I lost but failing....because well, he was a loss... :(  

That's the only dream I remember. (I love the Titanic "story" btw--so it made sense that it was the Titanic for me)....I don't dream often....I dream when pregnant....and I haven't dreamed anything since, not that I remember anyways.... 

Dreams are the goings on in our mind all meshed together. So, if you are thinking about your lost baby and about trying again, it's very possible--your mind dreamed out that. :)

heatherfoutch
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Im not trying again I've never tried i am if it happens it happens. All trying does is get you frustrated and disappointed
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I've had a few dreams about my Elizabeth. A week after I lost her I dreamt that I was holding her tiny body in the palm of my hand again but she began to grow. She kept growing until she was a giggling, chubby little baby that I got to hold and cuddle and play with. Broke my heart to wake up from it.
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Before I found out I was preg in November, I had a dream that I had gone into labor, and I had two babies- 2 girls and they were named Louise and Claudia. I never got to hold either one and the hospital would not let me see them or hold them.

My pregnancy was ectopic, and I was less than a month along. Seeing how pathology reports noted that the embryo hadn't formed yet- I would never know if I had twins. One day I will know- and if I had twins I will give them their name.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I have not. But I do believe you can have real dreams like that. I have a different unimportant things before.
heatherfoutch
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I really think the girl is my next baby because i could see her so clearly, the boy i couldn't plus the baby i lost had the same heart rate as my other 2boys. That's why i think the boy was my angel baby.
TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I had a dream that I had this tiny baby, and he looked like an early gestation little one, and I had to use the bathroom, so I put him in this tiny barbie doll crib on the couch, but he was gone when I came back, and I was checking the cushions and screaming that I lost my baby, my son. I miscarried soon after and sure enough, genetic testing revealed that my baby was a boy.

Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I am not sure. I believe that some dreams are just flukes from our brain storing data while we sleep. But I also believe that some dreams are messages from God and that they can give us insight into what is coming before us. I hope for you that was a glimpse of your rainbow baby. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)