Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Needed

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am currently 5 weeks 4 days from my last period.  I am not sure when I ovulated because we weren't really trying.  I had a positive pregnancy test on Thurs. 3/14.  Then I went back Mon, Wed, and Fri. to be be tested for hcg again.  My levels went up good on Mon.  Then Wed. and Fri. they went up but no where near where they should have.  My dr. wants to have them rechecked tomorrow 3/25 and if they still haven't gone up then he wants me to stop the prometrium.  This will be my 3rd miscarriage and I am really upset about it.  Any comforting words or support would be appreciated, because I am having lots of trouble coming to terms with it.  Thanks for taking the time to read my post.    

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs! Prayers! Hold onto hope that everything will turn out this time....rest & pray for that baby.... 

i have a friend thought she was miscarrying, her levels went down, she bled for three days...and when she went for her recheck, her levels had qualdrupled and she has a healthy 4 month old. She isn't the first and isn't the last to have that happen. Maybe you will be like her....have hope & pray about it to give you peace....calm will help....easier said than done of course! :(  

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm where you are, I have had three losses in a row...and I know, it takes a toll! Praying for you, and your baby, that those numbers rise dramatically! (((Hugs))). I am do sorry you are going through this!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sylvia1984
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry for your losses. just try to relax and stay positive.  i pray your numbers are up when you go in tomorrow. hugs

BrokenHeart805
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Sending good thoughts your way, hoping for good news for you!!! HUGS!!!
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
*hugs* I'm sorry. I hope that your levels might rise again. Sometimes life is so hard and we wonder why these things keep happening with no real answer. I hope the doctors can figure out what might be the cause.
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had four losses, all in a row and no rainbow babies in my story. That being said, I haven't given up. It might end up that you are miscarrying...but you might not be either. Like Happy_McBoobs said, some people's levels do crazy things and they end up with healthy babies. It does happen! Until then, I would stay on the medicine. the protrium won't hurt, even if you are miscarrying.  Feel free to message me if you like

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Wishing you the best of luck with your upcoming appointment. Hopefully it is followed by good news instead of bad. (hugs)

spedyg19
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Thanks everyone I really appreciate your kind words and support.  My numbers did rise today so they are going to do another blood test on Friday and an ultrasound on Monday.  I still have a long road ahead but its a step in the right direction.

Bailee2b
by Marnel on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I'm so sorry for all that you are going through.  Good luck with your blood test and ultrasound!  Praying for the best!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)