Hi! My name is Stacey and I just lost my baby. Here is my story. At my 18 week ultrasound things started going downhill. My babies heartbeat was strong and never faltered. When we went to find out what that babies sex was they had a hard time finding it. They said they found a small cyst and I would have to go see a high risk doc but I should not be concerned. They scheduled me for 2 weeks later with the high risk doc. Since they weren't in a hurry to get me into a hr doc I assumed that there was, in fact, no reason to worry. When I went to the hr doc everything he had to say was bad. He told us that our baby had Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney Disease.
I didn't know that it was the baby that had a cyst. At that first appt they didn't tell me that the cyst was on the baby. They just said they saw a cyst. The first hr doc told us that our baby had practically NO fluid. Which explains why the ultrasound was so bad. I kept thinking .... wow did they have bad equipment??? My first son's ultrasound was so much clearer. Anyway, the first hr doc recomended termination. I was now 20 weeks. I was not expecting that at all....I figured I was going to check on the cyst, that I assumed was an ovarian cyst on me and find out the sex of our baby.
I went for a second opinion 2 days later and the second hr doc wanted to do a CVS test and see if there were any chromasomal defects with the kidneys being bad. That came back fine and we finally found out our precious baby was a boy, but we still had the issue with the low fluid. They told us without that fluid he would not make it and it will not come back. He barely had room to move and his lungs would fail for sure. They didn't even give me a percentage that he would make it. They just said he won't. They said he could live on dialisis for a few years in wait of a kidney but his lungs wouldn't develop and he wouldn't be able to exchange air. His mucles couldn't develop and he wouldn't be able to move, and they also found on the most current ultrasound that he had a shadow on his heart which could indicate heart defects.
We decided to have a d&e. That was what every one of the docs recomended and we felt it was the right thing to do in this case. We wanted this baby so very bad and it was the hardest dissison that I have ever had to make in my life.
I had the procedure done on the 21st, this past Thursday. After 3 weeks of agony, knowing that our baby boy had no chance, our little angel is gone now with the other angels.