Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

A suggestion I made to an Admin- Do you like it?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have suggested to one of the admin's of cafemom to add "Unknown" as a gender option.

The reason I suggested this is that some of us do not know if our angels were a boy or a girl.

I do hope that they may implement this so that I may add my two angels- what do you think?

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I didn't think that there was a place where we stated the sex of our baby as an option. Many of us (myself included) were unable to find out the gender. I guess I'm confused where we'd put this?

Zealand2008
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM
No idea what either of you are talking about :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I think she means on your profile page. You can add a pregnancy, and it says coming soon...but when your pregnancy ends, your option now is to put a gender, or remove the child.

By adding "unknown" as gender option, we can acknowledge angels as your child, without it saying boy or girl.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

I didn't think that there was a place where we stated the sex of our baby as an option. Many of us (myself included) were unable to find out the gender. I guess I'm confused where we'd put this?

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I think she means on your profile page. You can add a pregnancy, and it says coming soon...but when your pregnancy ends, your option now is to put a gender, or remove the child.

By adding "unknown" as gender option, we can acknowledge angels as your child, without it saying boy or girl.

Quoting Zealand2008:

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM
5 moms liked this
I like the idea. I think it would be nice to also add "angel" as an option. I know some are not religious...but I think it would appeal to more than 50% of moms who have lost babies.
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I'm still lost. I didn't even know you could add angel babies on your profile! Lol.

Quoting Zealand2008:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

You can add angel's to your profile page? I must be super slow, because I'm not seeing that anywhere. :)

I like the idea if it's possible though.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Zealand2008
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I had no idea

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Zealand2008
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM
You can add your kids and pregnancies. I just looked. However you can't add it if the due date is in the future so that would have to change.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

You can add angel's to your profile page? I must be super slow, because I'm not seeing that anywhere. :)

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
No, you can add a "baby when you are pregnant. It has a stork, and says "coming soon". It's on your profile page. But if you lose your baby you either just remove it, or you can keep it, add a birthdate and add gender info. Those are the two options at the current time.

She suggested to the admins being able to say gender unknown. This keeping the baby listed. I said I would like to see "angel" as an option.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)