Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

OT: Easter Weekend

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

Any special plans for Easter Weekend?  Going to an Easter egg hunt, doing crafts, spending Easter Sunday with family or just going to church?

Happy Easter!! easter eggholding easter egg

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

We are planning to go to an Easter egg hunt and festivities tomorrow at the YMCA.  Quite a few hunts were last weekend but we missed them as it was when we were moving and it was too cold anyway but this weekend is supposed to be nice :)  Then maybe dye some eggs tomorrow with the in-laws and DH & I go get Easter stuff for the kids.  

Then Easter Sunday we are foregoing church since it starts at 1 pm and our family Easter with everyone is at noon since DH sleep during the morning.  And probably a family Easter egg hunt, lunch and games as a family.  Last year was nice and we had fun playing Apples to Apples as a big family.   

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

We were planning on an egg hunt that they do here in town but I've heard these rumors about upcoming rain on Easter. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Otherwise, we may have to do it indoors at home!

MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds really fun! I hope you have a happy Easter! We are expecting rain just on Easter sunday so that will be a bummer but hopefully it will pass quickly!

Quoting blessedmommie07:

We are planning to go to an Easter egg hunt and festivities tomorrow at the YMCA.  Quite a few hunts were last weekend but we missed them as it was when we were moving and it was too cold anyway but this weekend is supposed to be nice :)  Then maybe dye some eggs tomorrow with the in-laws and DH & I go get Easter stuff for the kids.  

Then Easter Sunday we are foregoing church since it starts at 1 pm and our family Easter with everyone is at noon since DH sleep during the morning.  And probably a family Easter egg hunt, lunch and games as a family.  Last year was nice and we had fun playing Apples to Apples as a big family.   

MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

we are in the same boat! they are saying rain so we are planning to be indoors with some fun activities.  I hope it turns out to be a good day for you!

Quoting momofcrazypants:

We were planning on an egg hunt that they do here in town but I've heard these rumors about upcoming rain on Easter. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Otherwise, we may have to do it indoors at home!

MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

We dont usually do anything big but we will do an Easter Egg hunt at home and a scavenger hunt to get to my daughters gifts.  I got them some fun outfits so we will do a lot of pics and depending on the weather and temperment of the little ones we will decide if we are doing anything else.  We always do a big dinner too!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I know! It's going to be interesting for sure!!! Lol. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet if that does happen, but we'll have to come up with something just as cool! :)

I hope you guys have a great time too!

Quoting MommaBoop922:

we are in the same boat! they are saying rain so we are planning to be indoors with some fun activities.  I hope it turns out to be a good day for you!

Quoting momofcrazypants:

MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont know if you can find them near you but I saw this awesome idea with putting glow sticks in easter eggs and doing a nightime easter egg hunt.  also having the kids paint a small flower pot and then planting jelly beans in it the day before and when they go to sleep replace the jelly beans with lollipops so its something fun to wake up to! Just some ideas for indoor stuff :)

Quoting momofcrazypants:

I know! It's going to be interesting for sure!!! Lol. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet if that does happen, but we'll have to come up with something just as cool! :)

Quoting MommaBoop922:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You're so on top of it! I was just going to hide some plastic eggs. I don't want my mini-dachshund to try to get into the real ones. She tries to eat everything-crayons, toys, dropped food....boiled eggs would be like doggie Christmas for her! That's really funny about the glow sticks, I saw them in the dollar store the other day and wanted to get them but couldn't think of a good use for them at the time! Now I have one!! I like the nighttime easter egg hunt idea, that's a great one! Thanks! I did get their baskets all ready, usually we just leave them out in the living room for them to find when they wake up. That's always a nice surprise for them. :)

Quoting MommaBoop922:

I dont know if you can find them near you but I saw this awesome idea with putting glow sticks in easter eggs and doing a nightime easter egg hunt.  also having the kids paint a small flower pot and then planting jelly beans in it the day before and when they go to sleep replace the jelly beans with lollipops so its something fun to wake up to! Just some ideas for indoor stuff :)

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting MommaBoop922:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope it doesn't rain out and you can enjoy Easter and an egg hunt.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

haha I just really like pinterest :-p  Your dachshund sounds like a ton of fun! lol :)  My shih tzu is the opposite.  He is so picky once he left all of the food we made him in his bowl because it was too cold and it was fresh chicken too! punk! 

Easter baskets are always fun :)  I used to love that growing up! Well Im glad I was able to give you an idea :)  Hope it all goes great!  

Quoting momofcrazypants:

You're so on top of it! I was just going to hide some plastic eggs. I don't want my mini-dachshund to try to get into the real ones. She tries to eat everything-crayons, toys, dropped food....boiled eggs would be like doggie Christmas for her! That's really funny about the glow sticks, I saw them in the dollar store the other day and wanted to get them but couldn't think of a good use for them at the time! Now I have one!! I like the nighttime easter egg hunt idea, that's a great one! Thanks! I did get their baskets all ready, usually we just leave them out in the living room for them to find when they wake up. That's always a nice surprise for them. :)

Quoting MommaBoop922:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting MommaBoop922:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)