Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Easter!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 5 Replies

We're on vacation...heading home today....we needed to get away from it all....I didn't feel like celebrating....

it was more or less a good getaway. We enjoyed ourselves. The first night, the place we chose for dinner was packed full of pregnant women all "ready to pop"....That was hard....I felt like my effort to get away was a horrible choice. I could barely function throughout the meal. I cried myself to sleep....

The rest of the weekend was good though. A couple trigger points....but mostly, safe....

I have Easter baskets waiting my 4 healthy girls at home. I brought eggs to hide in our hotel room. So, I did the simple stuff that my kids would miss if I didn't but that is the extent. Oh, and I watched "The Ten Commandments" last night on tv which brought me some grief---because when the firstborn plaque hit...I was all "what if God took our first son...." but yeah....triggers....

I am up early though. My 5 year old spent the last hour of my sleep kicking and crying next to me....the clock said the same time I usually am up on a normal day....so I turned on all the lights and told them that the bunny had arrived...

Since we have a two bedroom suite (thanks to having a large family)....I sent my husband back to sleep for a couple hours and here I sit...the girls are relaxing playing the IPAD....and I sit checking in on you ladies! See what I've missed. Congrats to you. Prayers to you. Hugs to those new. Hello & hugs to those "old"....or not really...I haven't been here that long. 

Whatever you are doing today, I hope it's a good safe one! :) 

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Safe travels on the way home today.  Glad you guys got away.

I'm the only one awake right now.  There are a couple hundred eggs in the front yard, and it's pouring rain, LOL!  This will be a first for us, soggy easter egg hunt, LOL! 

Happy Easter!

Herlache
by Jessie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Happy Easter! I'm sorry you had to see alot of pregnant people. That is hard. Hope you have a safe drive home! ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I'm glad you guys took some time for yourselves! That's great! Hiding eggs in the hotel room had to be lots of fun! We had to hide ours indoors because of the massive amount of rain that decided to make its way here for  Easter morning. But, the kids are still having a great time and that's all that's important!

kahlansmommy
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I just didn't feel like "celebrating". My two younger went to my sister's (has a daycare) to dye eggs. We didn't go to an egg hunt in the community. Didn't even get the basket out of the rubbermaid until 11pm last night. Good thing I remembered to get something from the Easter Bunny! I cried all day yesterday. The first time I felt angry about losing Kahlan. I asked God, "why" over and over and yelled that I just want my baby back, in a body, not in a box of ashes.

Church is in a couple of hours. I will cry thru the entire thing, I just know it. Then, over to my sister's (another one- she is a teacher) for dinner with the family. My brother and his wife will be there. They had a baby 5 weeks before Kahlan. I will cry then, too. I think I will try and hold him, though.

I long for holding my baby Kahlan in my arms and loving her. As I sit here, I am holding her urn in my arms. I tell you, it is not the same thing. I can't see her smile and coo at me. I can't see her beautiful face looking up at me. I can't comb her hair down, look at her fingers that are wrapped in mine. I can't kiss her beautiful face.

I miss my baby so much!!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I learned you can never get away from what your "hiding" from. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)