Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Miscarriage? Please share If you've experienced anything like this! Thankyou so much!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hello, My name Is Jamie, I'm 33 yrs. old and around 9 to 10 wks. pregnant. Last night I had some pretty intense cramping that lasted a couple of minutes. This happened on two separate occasions and I could feel throbbing In my vagina and lower abdomen. like a contracting feeling, but there has been no bleeding? Also, my breasts have been EXTREMELY sore and painful for the whole pregnancy and this morning I can actually touch them! They are nowhere near as sore as they have been. Am I overreacting? Or could this mean threatened miscarriage? I will be so thankful for any knowledge or experience shared =)
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gcecelie
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are afraid go see your Doctor. God gave us all gut instincts for a reason. I wish I would have listened to mine, but it is too late for me.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM

If your not bleeding your probably fine but if your worried call or go see your doctor.  With my first 3 pregnancies I had so much bad cramping in the first trimester and sometimes to the point I couldn't stand up.  I went to the doctor and everything was fine but it made me feel better and it was good getting reassurance that it was really okay.  Thankfully I haven't had anything like that in this pregnancy.  And symptoms can go from severe to mild again and that is okay too.  You are getting close to the 2nd trimester when some of the symptoms lessen or go away.

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM

It depends. With my first, very healthy pregnancy I used to get contractions and cramping often all through first trimester. It was just the uterus growing, and around 9-10 weeks the baby and uterus go through a growth spurt from the placenta going in place. The placenta also changes your body a bit and tends to lessen symptoms, which may be why your breasts are less tender now. I used to have terrible tenderness until last first tri. 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM
The only thing you can do is go to the doctor. It's the only way to be sure what is going on. I'm sorry you are going through this. I don't experience anything like that with my losses, so I can't advise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bailee2b
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I would certainly go to the dr.  I had cramping with both of my pregnancies throughout the first trimester.  I have a four year old daughter and an angel baby.  Both of my pregnancies felt identical with very different results.  Good luck to you!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I'm so sorry. I agree with everyone else, when in doubt get checked out.

mdawn028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I would go see the doctor. Just to make sure when I lost my baby at 8 weeks I had severe lower in the bottom partabdominal pain followed by severe bleeding and after birth. If you are upset go see the doctor try not to stress hopefully everything is fine. But you should absolutely see the doctor. If you start bleeding really bad you definitely need to go and if you have bleeding accompanied by severe lower abdominal pain see the doctor right away. Go see the doctor just to make sure everything is OK. God bless you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)