Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Is this common?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

I had a miscarriage in early November and we have been trying to get pregnant ever since. I have been having more good days than bad. Lately though, my emotions are out of control. I can be happy one moment and then all of a sudden I just start crying. I don't know if it is just my body getting itself back together after the loss (baby was 10 weeks), or I have a hormone problem, or it is just part of the grieving process. I am going to make an appointment with the doctor after this cycle (fingers crossed I will find myself pregnant), just to make sure it isn't anything serious. I was just wondering if anyone else has been on an emotional roller coaster months after their miscarriage like me.  Thanks!!!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Omg yes! I am a emotional mess. One day I'm fine the next I'm not but, it is getting better. Everyone is different in the way they grieve and process things. From what everyone has told me. Your emotional roller coaster afterwards is normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Could just be hormones alone or combined with grief.  I was actually like that about a couple months before I found out I was pregnant again.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Could be a combo of things. I lost my baby the second week of Nov. For the most part now, I'm "fine", but I still have hard days/moments. Usually without warning.

TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I was like that for a few months after I lost my baby. I think it's normal. Grief is also a physical process as well as emotional so brain chemistry is a little funky for awhile.
Mom3952
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Thank you ladies! It is comforting to know I am not alone and my feelings are pretty normal. 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I sure have been on an emotional roller coaster...less crying, more of just a witch! Lol! Just know there is no time limit on grief! (((Hugs)))
BrokenHeart805
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I am right there with you, I lost my baby (also at weeks) in late December and I am still a mess. I find myself being able to laugh and smile more but I still have many moments of sadness and crying. From what people tell me it's normal but I know it's difficult. Sorry you are having a rough time.
mypitusadoll
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

You've gone through a painful loss and you are grieving, crying and feeling the way you do is normal. I am so sorry for what you are going through. One thing I know is this: God is close to the brokenhearted, He is near.  I wish I was close by to pray with you, but since I can't, I will be praying for you right here, asking God to comfort you and give you hope for what is ahead for you and your husband. I want to recommend a book to you. It is called: "I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy" by Angie Smith. It is a book that I think may bring some comfort to you during this time. A Bible verse I want to leave with you is this: "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" Psalm 34:18 ((Hugs and Prayers)). I am sending you a private message.

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Definitely sounds normal! Grief takes a long time and has a way of blindsighting you.
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I lost my baby in nov at 11 weeks. I'm still on a roller coaster. Was doing well and had a breakdown this weekend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)