Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED am I just freaking out or am I going to miscarry again?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 19 Replies
I have had major pains in the right side of my stomache since last night an horrible pain accross the bottom of my back.
I am so scared of loosing this baby with my last one I had these same pains, I have no bleeding or spotting but didnt with the last one either.
I have contacted midwife an she is to be calling me in about 10 mins. So far the receptionist told me I'm only 5 weeks nothing I can do other then let things happen. I lost my last baby at 9 weeks an didnt find out till 12 weeks at ultrasound.

So the midwife just called me an told me my HCG levels are extremely low only 1-2 weeks which does not make sense at all an gave me the speel on how there is nothing I could have done o stop it an nothing that I did caused it an blah blah blah an there going to go blood still tomorrow morning to see what's going on an then decide whether to do ultrasound. Honestly I have never wante to just fall asleep an not wake up this is not fair this is friggen bullshit. why do we all have to go through this stuff.
I have a healthy 3yr old daughter, I am very healthy. They all told me my chances were good to go on to have healthy babies after the last miscarriage but now here I am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Namaste09
by Samantha on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Thankful to have a good midwife fingers crossed going to take blood tests to made sure HCG levels are right an rising an also check for a UTI just in case she thinks that could be the cause of pain across bottom of back. Fingers crossed everything is good.
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Hoping that all goes well for you!

Quoting Namaste09:

I have had major pains in the right side of my stomache since last night an horrible pain accross the bottom of my back.
I am so scared of loosing this baby with my last one I had these same pains, I have no bleeding or spotting but didnt with the last one either.
I have contacted midwife an she is to be calling me in about 10 mins. So far the receptionist told me I'm only 5 weeks nothing I can do other then let things happen. I lost my last baby at 9 weeks an didnt find out till 12 weeks at ultrasound.

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Hope the tests come back great! Ask for them to check progesterone too! 

It's the only thing that kept me sane early on is I got to go take blood tests to just check on things.  

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Praying for you! I hope your labs come back reassuring ((hugs))

Quoting Namaste09:

Thankful to have a good midwife fingers crossed going to take blood tests to made sure HCG levels are right an rising an also check for a UTI just in case she thinks that could be the cause of pain across bottom of back. Fingers crossed everything is good.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Truthfully I think after a loss we "feel" more pains and sensations than humanly possible. I mean the pains and twinges are real, but we are soooo tuned in that nothing gets past our "loss radar." Hang in there, those hcg test will bring some comfort I'm sure. My "I'm doing something to help" was taking progestrone pills..I just stopped them so I feel like things are going to go to hell now because I am not "helping" anymore
Harleysmom213
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM

just try to stay calm. i hope your tests come back normal and that you're progressing in your pregnancy. unfortunately you'll be worrying about every little ache and pain until you can feel that little thing moving inside of you.

i can feel mine move around and i still worry if something bad will happen. good luck.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I'm so sorry. I think we are all on high alert now. Just try to stay calm until your midwife calls back. Good luck and keep us posted. (hugs)

Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Fx everything is going to be ok!
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Praying for you!!!

If it helps, even in my perfectly healthy pregnancies I always had bad cramping anf back pain through first tri.
Sylvia1984
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM

hope everything comes back good. hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)