Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My story, some questions and graphic pics. *edited

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 21 Replies

Hello everyone.   My name is Jessa, I am 31 and I suffered a miscarriage recently. 

I am 6 months post-partum and had two full cycles.  Jan. 19th and Feb 17th.  My period did not show in March and was a week late.  Since I am ebfing I figured that maybe my cycle is still messed up.  I went a week of no period and on the 26th I started bleeding.  It was brown and I figured it was the start of my period.  It was gone the next day but then I would spot here and there for about a week.  Some days were brown, others were red and some were pink. 

I decided since this was NOT like my normal period I would test on Easter Sunday.  And so I did.  The test was positive!  =)  I was immediatly worried about the fact that I was spotting and STILL breastfeeding.  On Monday I made an appointment for today.  Yesterday though, mid-day I started bleeding heavily.  I started getting cramps and I knew something was wrong. 

I had to wait for hubby to get home from work since we have other children and then I was off to the ER around 11:00 pm.  They drew my blood, ran some tests and did an normal and transvag u/s.  The results were that the blood work showed hcg levels of 13.  Next to nothing.  Neither u/s showed any signs of a baby.  They believe I either miscarried or I am off on my dates and super early.  I know it isn't the latter since I am bleeding heavily now.  I will see my dr on Friday to check my levels and make sure they go down to zero and to check if there is any tissue left that she might see.

This morning after getting up I felt some major cramping and the urge to push.  I sat on the toilet and passed something.  It felt different than a normal clot which is what caused me to look into the toilet.  I scooped it out and put it in a glass bowl.  I will be bringing this with to my drs on Friday but I wanted to know if anyone could help me out and tell me what this is.  If I miscarried so early I didn't think something so large would come out.  I'm not sure if it's tissue or just a clot. 

This is a picture of what I passed next to a quater for size comparisson. 

And here is more of a close up:

Sorry for the graphic detail but it's killing me to think that I might flush my lo down the toilet.  I think it might help to give me closure if this is the baby.  In the same breath...I don't want to cry over old tissue that doesn't even carry my baby.  Either way I know answers will help with my grieving and Friday just seems so far away now.  =(

Edited to add a pic.  I passed another mass that looked like the first, plus this clot that is gelatain like with a tail.  The other two lost the blood color overnight (I changed the bloody water) and the smaller dense mass kept it's color.  I think you can figure that I'm asking if that might be the sac or placenta. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I'm not sure. Maybe a chemical pregnancy? I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Maybe some of the other ladies can offer up their advice and opinions. I just don't really know.

XMaybebabyX
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM
That's the same looking material that I passed about a week after having my ds. Probably just part of your uterine lining
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XMaybebabyX
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
But considering you are miscarring that is probably baby too. I would bury it in a special area. I'm so sorry mama.
Herlache
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I'm sorry hun! ((hugs))
mypitusadoll
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I am praying that everything goes well at your doctor's visit and that you can get answers to your questions.  Hang in there! Here is a Bible verse for you: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7. Rest in the Lord. ((Hugs to you)).

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I have no idea, sorry. :( 

Good luck though and dont' feel bad.....I've heard/read a lot of early miscarriages are "missed"---so you wouldn't be the first to flush "baby" down the toilet.

My mom had an mc before she got pregnant with me. She had never really talked or told me about it until last month. She was shopping in JCPenney when it happened--she went to the bathroom and she actually saw the "mass/baby".....but she couldn't do anything with it in the middle of a department store bathroom...she didn't have anything to scoop it out with and it was a germy public potty so she flushed it....that is so sad to me... :( But it's not the first time I'm sure (well for her it was)...and it won't be the last time someone does that either. :( 

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Looking at the pictures you have provided, I do not see much in the line of "pregnancy tissue." Could just be lighting. With the provided LMC of Feb 17th, you might be roughly have been ~8wks.

When I passed my ~8wk baby, I made the following documentation:

3-4 in long- Grayish in color, with one "end" having red "attachments"

~1 in diameter

I did not take pictures, although I can recall it in memory. I had felt pressue and some totally undescribable feeling of something being moved before running to the bathroom.

It is possible that you may have been less than 8 wks. Additionally the baby could have been right at the cervix, thus making it difficult for the u/s to locate the baby.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. ((hugs))

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I'm sorry I can't help.

kathrynsmomma03
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I mc a baby at 6 weeks 4 days and what i passed was not that it was a little sac about size of ping pong ball and i could see the baby inside i have pics but i don't want to post unless you want to see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4Clara
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I wish I could help... The photos honestly look like the cervical lining that I passed after my D&C, but it could have baby tissue in it....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)