Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ladies i need some advice (pg related)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

I lost my baby a yr ago at 9w1d.  I didnt find out until 11w5d.  It crushed me as you all understand.  I am currently 9w2d and had a sono today and everything looks great.  I posted on Facebook that I was heading to my appointment and then posted after everything was great.  Now my sil that was due just a week after me lost her baby a last week.  I am heartbroken for her.  I know how she feels.  It is pain that know body can take away.  This is my question.  She deleted me from face book.  Should i be hurt that she did that.  I know everyone deals with the pain differently.  But i am hurt.  How would you feel.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bailee2b
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM

That would hurt anyone but I'm sure it is just her way of coping.  I know that for me it is really hard to hear about pregnancy right now.  I am only a week out from my d&c.  Congratulations on a great ultrasound!  Try to focus on that instead of facebook :).

Sylvia1984
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

give her time, dont take it to heart. if she is a preson who is always on fb she will be doing that to other people too. once she is able to see your post about baby she will add you back. just give her time.

mama91605
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Thank you.  I know how hard it is too.  My sis was pg when i lost mine and my other sil was pg shortly after.  But i didnt delete them.  That is why i am having a hard time dealing with i guess.  

Quoting Bailee2b:

That would hurt anyone but I'm sure it is just her way of coping.  I know that for me it is really hard to hear about pregnancy right now.  I am only a week out from my d&c.  Congratulations on a great ultrasound!  Try to focus on that instead of facebook :).

mama91605
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Thank you.  She is not on facebook alot.  But will just give it time.  

Quoting Sylvia1984:

give her time, dont take it to heart. if she is a preson who is always on fb she will be doing that to other people too. once she is able to see your post about baby she will add you back. just give her time.

EAzizM
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I deleted many girls who were pregnant after my loss. It was nothing against them...i just couldn't handle it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama91605
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I guess i just didnt expect it from my sil.  That might be why i am so hurt.  

Quoting EAzizM:

I deleted many girls who were pregnant after my loss. It was nothing against them...i just couldn't handle it.

Babydoll2527
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I recently went thru the same situation with a clise friend of mine. She didnt delete me but did make a big post about how hurt she was & how unfair it seem to her & she was so sick of seeing preggo posts..i just backed off..took her off my feed ( but not page) and about a week later she msg me asking how me & baby were ect. I think your sil just needs time & space right now. Try not to steess over it.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I think it might have just been too hard for her especially if she knows you'll post more status' and pictures.  I personally wasn't really affected too much, I only deleted one friend and she was more of an aquaintance and that was because she had her baby a few months before me and used the same name as we had for our daughter and I just couldn't stay to see or hear about that baby, it make me cry every time.  She probably wasn't trying to be mean she is just in pain.

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I wouldn't take it personally at all. It might actually make her able to be more "friendly" to you in person if she's not seeing pregnancy updates on FB so frequently. 

mama91605
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Thank you ladies. While I understand that we all grieve differently my thought is she. Could have just unsubscribed to my status. Maybe I am over thinking it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)