• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ectopic Pregnancy with Rupture..I am totally lost :(

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hello Ladies I am new to the group and hope to find support amoung you all as I feel no one understands how I feel right now.  March 25th I went to the Dr for what I thought was an ovarian cyst.  I had a normal AF 2 weeks prior (or atleast that is what I thought) so I figured that I was ovulating and it created a cyst.  I had minor bleeding but was in a lot of pain over the weekend so my Dr. wanted an ultrasound done ASAP.  Little did I know I would be in surgery within an hour of my ultrasound and loose not only my baby but my left tube as well. I lost half of my blood volume and am still feeling pretty bad. The ectopic pregnancy was between 6 and 8 weeks along.  I never in a million years expected it as I had what I thought was my period 2 weeks before hand.  My hcg levels were over 6,000 and I am devistated.  DH and I tried for this child for over 2 years and I am at a loss for words.  He is going about business as usual and just doesn't get how I feel. Can any of you shed light on this situation as I still would love more children and am not giving up hope.  Have any of you lovely ladies had an ectopic and lost a tube but still went on to have a normal healthy pregnancy??

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hugs! 

I am new to the group myself--lost my baby boy at 19 weeks one month ago. I have no idea about etopic pregnancies myself but I've heard them mentioned here already, so I'm sure those ladies will find your post soon enough to "hug you".....

This is a great group! It might take a bit for someone to reply but the women here are very supportive! I say don't give up hope! You may get your Rainbow yet! :) 

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for your loss, and at this time I am not ready for another baby (although in my mind I can't get them out of my head), but when we are ready- I'll try to keep you in the loop (as well as the rest of the mom's here). :)

Sylvia1984
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry for your loss. this is a good group to be in. hope we can help. you will be in my prayers.

Herlache
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your loss! I have not had an ectopic so I can't help you there. I don't think any man can understand how or why we feel the way we do after a loss. Don't give up I have heard alot of ladies with only one tube have plenty of babies. ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry for your loss.  *hugs*  I'm a rainbow from a ectopic pregnancy my mom had with my brother, burst her tube (which she also lost) and almost died.  I was her miracle baby.  And I am sure you have a chance at getting a miracle baby too.

2pittsburghboys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Thank you so very much for your kind words...I look forward to meeting ladies from this group who understand how I feel.  I am so sorry for your loss..If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me :)

Quoting Happy_Mcboobs:

Hugs! 

I am new to the group myself--lost my baby boy at 19 weeks one month ago. I have no idea about etopic pregnancies myself but I've heard them mentioned here already, so I'm sure those ladies will find your post soon enough to "hug you".....

This is a great group! It might take a bit for someone to reply but the women here are very supportive! I say don't give up hope! You may get your Rainbow yet! :) 

2pittsburghboys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Thank You so much!! Please do keep me updated and if you ever want to chat please pm me :)

Quoting chicaespana2003:

I'm sorry for your loss, and at this time I am not ready for another baby (although in my mind I can't get them out of my head), but when we are ready- I'll try to keep you in the loop (as well as the rest of the mom's here). :)

Jess7199
by Jessica on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  I had an ectopic in March '09.  I did not lose my entire tube, but I did have to have surgery to remove a small part of it.  I did have several losses after my ectopic, but in April 2012 I gave birth to my rainbow baby.  

2pittsburghboys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Thank You!!

Quoting Sylvia1984:

sorry for your loss. this is a good group to be in. hope we can help. you will be in my prayers.

2pittsburghboys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

That give me so much hope :)  Thank You!!

Quoting blessedmommie07:

I'm sorry for your loss.  *hugs*  I'm a rainbow from a ectopic pregnancy my mom had with my brother, burst her tube (which she also lost) and almost died.  I was her miracle baby.  And I am sure you have a chance at getting a miracle baby too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)