Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Can anyone offer some hope? UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
I apologize in advance for the long post, but I'd appreciate you reading and replying with your thoughts....

I lost my Angel Baby on Nov. 30th, 2012 at 12 weeks gestation. I was devastated, but this group helped me a lot.

In January, my OB cleared me to ttc again, and in February, after the strangest cycle ever, I got pregnant again! It took 16dpo to get a positive hpt. On Day 17, my HCG was 56 (low, but ok). My numbers doubled 2 days later, and quadrupled 3 days later. I thought everything was going well....

At 4 weeks pregnant, I got a bunch of strange, red spots on my body. After a week, the spots turned into a full blown, itchy rash. My OB said it was probably pregnancy induced and nothing to worry about.

At 6.5 weeks pregnant, on my birthday, I went for my first ultrasound and all we saw was an empty sac.... My OB sent me for another HCG test and had a skin biopsy done on my rash.

My rash was confirmed as Pityriasis rosea, which is 100% harmless to everyone EXCEPT developing babies. It has a 62% miscarriage rate. I seriously panicked. This rash is a virus that is not contagious and doesn't do any harm to me, other than itch, but it might be killing my baby....

The HCG test came back at just over 6,000 (which would explain why we couldn't see a baby yet), so my doc said not to worry - re-test in 4 days. I did, and got the results today...My numbers are only just over 9,400. So they did not even come close to doubling. I've read that once HCG gets passed 6,000, it often takes longer than 4 days to double, so I still have a glimmer of hope. However, I had the slightest amount of brow spotting the last 2 days as well, so my hope is dwindling.

My OB will do an ultrasound tomorrow, but he said if the HCG is accurate, the pregnancy probably will not continue.

My OB doesn't seem optimistic; I have three strikes against me...

Do any of you think my baby is still ok? Thanks for your advice and please send prayers my way for a miracle.

UPDATE

I posted this in the threads, but wanted to also update the post... I just got back from the doctor. We saw the baby, but the fetal tissue was not developing. We couldn't see a heart beat and the gestational sac looked to be collapsing. My OB said with an HCG of about 9,400, I should be able to miscarry on my own...now I just wait.... =(

Now, I pray for strength to get through this and to be strong enough to try again....

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I will keep you and your lil bean in my thoughts and heart. Fx hoping for the best! Please let us know when you do. ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I just don't know. I kinda feel like Mamas intuition is the best. How do you feel? I honestly always knew if things were ok or not. I am so sorry you are going through this ((hugs))
Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Well, if you asked me a week ago, I would have said things were perfect. I was writing a blog for the baby and buying maternity clothes....

Today, after all that has happened over the past week, I'm feeling like the pregnancy is not going to work out, but I still have hope....  I am spotting again though and now it's red. =(

Quoting Angela4boys:

I just don't know. I kinda feel like Mamas intuition is the best. How do you feel? I honestly always knew if things were ok or not. I am so sorry you are going through this ((hugs))

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's so stressful! I bled for 10 days before I had my D&C with my second loss...those 10 days were diminishing hope, stress, sadness...I know what you are feeling all to well.

I am praying for you, that tomorrow you get the reassurance you need. Please keep us posted, and know we are here for you (((hugs)))

Quoting Mommy4Clara:

Well, if you asked me a week ago, I would have said things were perfect. I was writing a blog for the baby and buying maternity clothes....

Today, after all that has happened over the past week, I'm feeling like the pregnancy is not going to work out, but I still have hope....  I am spotting again though and now it's red. =(

Quoting Angela4boys:

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry you're goin through this again. Prayers are being sent your way!

Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Thank you! Last time, I never bled at all. I went in for a routine ultrasound and learned that my baby's heart had stopped beating a day or two earlier... I waited 14 days and finally decided to have a D&C. This has been a different experience and I HATE the thought of going through a miscarriage again!
Quoting Angela4boys:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's so stressful! I bled for 10 days before I had my D&C with my second loss...those 10 days were diminishing hope, stress, sadness...I know what you are feeling all to well.

I am praying for you, that tomorrow you get the reassurance you need. Please keep us posted, and know we are here for you (((hugs)))

Quoting Mommy4Clara:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Zealand2008
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you are going through this. I've never heard of that infection. I said a prayer for you and you keep praying. Don't underestimate the power of prayer
OkWolfe
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I lost my pregnancy March 15 2013 at 6 weeks. I started spotting and felt like something wasn't right at all. I went to one hospital which was a waist of time so i left and went to another one and they ran tests and did and ultrasound but i knew i had lost my baby by then because i was bleeding so much. Days before it happened i just got this worried feeling that something wasn't right :( have you tried a different doctor??
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this
im so sorry that you are having to go through this. i honestly would hold out hope until the doc confirms otherwise but that is me. sending a special prayer for you and your lil bean
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

(((hugs))) 

Quoting Mommy4Clara:

Thank you! Last time, I never bled at all. I went in for a routine ultrasound and learned that my baby's heart had stopped beating a day or two earlier... I waited 14 days and finally decided to have a D&C. This has been a different experience and I HATE the thought of going through a miscarriage again!
Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Mommy4Clara:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)