Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hard to fake it

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 15 Replies
It's so hard to go to work everyday when everyone around you is acting like nothing happened and expecting you to do the same.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
((hugs)) in a way I am fortunate I'm a sahm I didn't have to go anywhere.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bailee2b
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I agree!  I am not allowed to talk about it at work!  2 days later I was supposed to pretend like everything was okay.  Well everything is not okay and I am not okay! 

Bailee2b
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It was really hard for me when I was on my spring break.  I only had myself and my daughter to deal with all day but having nothing else to do made it tough.  The routine of working and having to put on a happy face to my students and parents can almost trick me into thinking things are okay.  I think it is hard either way!  Hugs to all of us!

Quoting Herlache:

((hugs)) in a way I am fortunate I'm a sahm I didn't have to go anywhere.

Angela4boys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I honestly can't even imagine going to work after my loss.  I commend you ladies that can.  (((hugs)))

momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I can't imagine that either. It took me a couple of weeks to be around people. I'm so sorry. So hard (hugs)

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Sorry for your loss.  It is hard at work but for me no one knew I had a miscarriage, I was only 4 weeks but sometimes when I am being treated like crap at work I want to shout LEAVE ME ALONE I HAD A MISCARRIAGE!  I try to be productive but my mind is half at work and half about what has happened.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM

*hugs* That would be hard.  I was actually laid off before I found out about my daughter and now I'm extremely grateful I was.

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I was just talking about this yesterday (to myself and my husband). 

It's hard to move on in your "new normal" when everyone around you is just moving on as normal....my neighbor had said how with the baby even lost still inside you, you are still connected. still pregnant. Still chugging along in that old normal...but once it's out....it's over...you have this new normal to shift thru and eveyrone else returns to their same routine. :( 

That goes with any situation. LIke school shootings....think about how many weeks it's all anyone can talk about....how we reach out to strangers....and than just like that--for everyone else--normal returns....and they are left in their new normal... :(

kahlansmommy
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM
First day back to work after my angel baby. I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Whyhello2u
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Hugs, I know exactly how you feel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)