Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support
I joined the army in March of 2008 and got pregnant from April 2009 until July 2009. In July I was hospitalized with a brain infection that I got overseas. I was diagnosed with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. I had a stroke, two blood clots, kidney failure, a tracheotomy, 4 chest tubes, 2 seizures and a brain infection that made me septic. 1 year later from the time I finally got out I got pregnant again...and I lost it again. I feel like I've already been through hell (by the way I also have Avascular Necrosis of the right hip)...I just feel like I've let the Army take so much of my life and I feel so lost knowing that I've lost two babies. It hurts even though its been almost 3 years since the last one. Don't know what to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Replies (31-35):
MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Im so sorry for your losses and everything you have been though

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM

This can definitely affect TTC.  Its never easy to deal with though even if it may be an answer :-/

Quoting Krisy25:

They really don't know. That's what's frustrating. The people that know about the miscarriage seem to think my body wasn't ready yet, which makes perfect sense...

Quoting Zealand2008:

Wow sounds like you are lucky to be alive. Do they know what caused the second miscarriage?

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Jealousy is normal with grief.  Just try to take iot one day at a time and we are here to talk when you need it. Are you still active duty?

Quotingjea Krisy25:

No we haven't. I want to have one but know I can't right now (plus my husband WILL NOT do it). A girlfriend of mine got pregnant two months after me and she has a beautiful two year old. I know it's dumb but I am honestly jealous. I wouldn't be had I not been through what I've been through. I have no one to talk to about this stuff to.

Quoting Zealand2008:

That would make sense I guess. Not that it makes it any less frustrating and sad. So if I understand correctly you had 2 miscarriages and the last one was 3 years ago? Have you been TTC since then?

Quoting Krisy25:

They really don't know. That's what's frustrating. The people that know about the miscarriage seem to think my body wasn't ready yet, which makes perfect sense...

Quoting Zealand2008:

Wow sounds like you are lucky to be alive. Do they know what caused the second miscarriage?

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Also make sure you file all of your stuff with the VA disability which is separate from the Army compensation.  It may take a few years but trust me when I tell you that you will probably get 100% which will be a nice paycheck every month for the rest of your life.  Im going through it now from my time in the Navy and my husband did it too.  The Disabled American Veterans can help you with all of that and make it simple!

Quoting Krisy25:

Lol yea I have to stay home too now. I'm in the process of finding a lawyer with military experience to help me with this because its a very complicated situation and I'm at my wits end with trying to do it myself. They issued me a Line of Duty for my hip but I'm not getting anywhere by myself. Where you the one who asked me how old I was? Well I am 25. Still young but with everything that's happened to me I feel twice that.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

That's so much to go through! I hope they get to it fast and it heals up well for you. I am familiar with the military, I was AD Air Force. Not anymore though, I stay at home currently. :)

And ideas as to when they're going to do your hip replacement? Is the army going to take care of that for you?

Quoting Krisy25:

No my husband and I are not ttc yet. I also have a degenerative disease in my hip (AVN) which causes pain when I walk. Needless to say I can't have a child until I get hip replacement surgery so we're waiting on that. And no I'm not active duty anymore I'm reserve but most likely will get medically discharged. As far as my actual health I check out fine with the exception of nerve damage in my arm and leg from the blood clots. Thank you I really appreciate it :)

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Wow. You've been through so much. What a story! I'm glad you are here with us in this group. It's an excellent place to come and vent. And believe me, we all do from time to time. It's not dumb at all to look at children that are the same ages that your baby would have been and feel twinges of jealousy. I think that happens to all of us. You already sound like you've been through hell and back. Are you still on active duty now? What about your husband, are you guys wanting to ttc yet or wait a little longer. How is your health now? I'm sorry for both of your losses too. (hugs)

Krisy25
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I am so sorry for that! I can't even imagine. Thank you for thinking that but I just recently found the strength. It all comes within our time (the time that we are ready) and you might not think it now but every mom that goes through this is a warrior. You'll have a rainbow baby just like I will. I believe in that. I have to believe in that. I pray the best for you.

Quoting Happy_Mcboobs:

Good luck! You are a very strong person to endure all that and stlll be ttc. I respect you for that! I almost died with my loss---I hemmorraged & had a seizure in my husband's arms---and that makes me so afraid to hope for a rainbow baby!! :( 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN