Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

My realizations (pregnancy mentioned)

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 8 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my 5th pregnancy and I'm trying really hard to stay positive this time. However, it's made me think about my 3 Mcs. I realized that my first miscarriage was the worst because I never though it would happen. My2nd was the worst because I never though it'd happen twice in a row and my third was the worst because I'm starting to think a full term pregnancy will ever happen. 

Recently I was told that my fear is over something that god has already decided. I realized how true that was. I've learned I am absolutely powerless over creating new life. With all this in mind, I'm taking my pregnancy one day at a time because I never know if it's the last day I'll be pregnant.

hope this helps someone else.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Thank you. I like this a lot. I lost my baby boy at 19 weeks in March. It was my first loss but my 5th pregnancy. I am having a hard time getting over the fear to try again. I want my rainbow but pregnancy will never be the same for me and I'm so afraid. 

Quote:

Recently I was told that my fear is over something that god has already decided. I realized how true that was. I've learned I am absolutely powerless over creating new life. With all this in mind, I'm taking my pregnancy one day at a time because I never know if it's the last day I'll be pregnant.

JessM311
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Immso sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel. It's so hard to have any kind of hope when thinking about another baby let alone being pregnant. Knowing I'm not in control has made things a lot easier because my doctor and I made a plan I just focus on whatever step I'm on and do my best to not think about the big picture. It helps keep me for being overwhelmed and focused on what I can control.. I hope this is my rainbow baby because I am done after this it's been over a year and a half of constantly having mcs, babies, and ttc on my mind and if I have another mc Im done. Logically it's the best idea because emotionally I can't do it all anymore. I truly hope that you get your rainbow baby soon. Just remind yourself it's not I your hands :)

Quoting Happy_Mcboobs:

Thank you. I like this a lot. I lost my baby boy at 19 weeks in March. It was my first loss but my 5th pregnancy. I am having a hard time getting over the fear to try again. I want my rainbow but pregnancy will never be the same for me and I'm so afraid. 

Quote:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for sharing.  That is how I feel and am thinking through my rainbow pregnancy.  It is a good set of mind to have.

Makaylalynn
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes very true I'm trying to the something but its still there in the back of my mind what if I've had 9 pregnancy and 2 babies that are blessing I'm about 7 weeks pregnant too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mdawn028
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on being pregnant again.I hope for the best for u.I hope all goes well and u have a healthy beautiful baby.Sorry for your losses u went through I haven't been through that many losses but I had 1 miscarriage in July.July28th2012 on my hubbies b-day that was bad enough for me and tough.Took me 8yrs. Of trying to get pregnant naturally just to lose my baby at 8 weeks. My due date would have been March52013.It was a tough month in March for me.I pray I get pregnant again soon.I hope all goes well for u and my heart goes out to u going through so many losses I imagine it must have been very tough. You are strong in the sense you are pregnant again.I am happy for u and hope u and the baby are OK.Hugs if u need a friend I am here for u sincerely, Dawna
JessM311
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow first I just have to say I am soo sorry for all your losses. I don't think I could have stayed sane through that many. I respect you for your strength!!! I also have the what if in the back of my head. I think I go into pregnancies now with a very realistic outlook. This pregnancy in particular, my Dh and I aren't talking about names or really a baby. I know that pregnancy doesn't equal baby anymore so I try not to have too much hope too soon. I'm 7w6d today which is the longest I've had a fetus grow since my daughter. I basically just have faith that god's will will get me through whatever happens. I feel like that's all I have left.
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope we both get babies in November. Please add me if you feel comfortable. Also are you in the Nov 2013 group? Ddg are the only place my pregnancy feels real sometimes. You should join if you aren't :)

Quoting Makaylalynn:

Yes very true I'm trying to the something but its still there in the back of my mind what if I've had 9 pregnancy and 2 babies that are blessing I'm about 7 weeks pregnant too
JessM311
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Your story is very sad and I'm so sorry for your loss especially on your dh's birthday! My last loss was on christmas so I understand. I can't imagine how heartbreaking your loss in particular was after trying for so long. Theres a million questions I could ask you about ttc but I'm sure you've heard and tried it all. I made a hope board with quotes about having hope and faith to keep my mind off it all. Theres this poem by Emily Dickenson and the beginning is "Hope is a thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the song without the words and never stops at all." That's been my mantra so many times that I needed hope and the ability to have faith.

Thank you for your kind words and I wish you hope and so much faith! I know that with empty arms that's really all we have!!

Quoting mdawn028:

Congrats on being pregnant again.I hope for the best for u.I hope all goes well and u have a healthy beautiful baby.Sorry for your losses u went through I haven't been through that many losses but I had 1 miscarriage in July.July28th2012 on my hubbies b-day that was bad enough for me and tough.Took me 8yrs. Of trying to get pregnant naturally just to lose my baby at 8 weeks. My due date would have been March52013.It was a tough month in March for me.I pray I get pregnant again soon.I hope all goes well for u and my heart goes out to u going through so many losses I imagine it must have been very tough. You are strong in the sense you are pregnant again.I am happy for u and hope u and the baby are OK.Hugs if u need a friend I am here for u sincerely, Dawna
Bailee2b
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That was beautiful thank you!  Good luck to you!  I'm hoping the best!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN