Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I lost my baby due to having uterine fibroids

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello,

I lost my baby on Saturday March 30, 2013. He was only 18 weeks and 3 days. I didn't find out about my fibroids until I was 2 months, the doctor said I didn't have anything to worry about because they were located high and I was having a scheduled c-section ( I had one with my first child who is 15).  I'm still in shock. I was just 4 1/2 months pregnant last week with a baby bump and now my stomach is flat.  We have been trying to have a child for almost 10 years, so when I found out I was pregnant on December 21 I thought God was giving me an early Christmas gift. It's killing me that, this  could have been prevented. I have regular pap exams, so I don't know why I was never told before now. My baby was growing, healthy, and strong. The fibroids grew to big and caused me to go into Pre-term labor. My doctor says we can try again in about a year, but I'll be 36 in May and I have worries about being able to conceive. 

Please, this is the hardest thing I have been through. I'd appreciate feedback from anyone that has experienced this or knows someone who has.  

Thank you.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM

*hugs*  I'm sorry for your loss.

Zealand2008
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I had two fibroids outside the uterus. One doctor said they wouldn't cause a problem and another doctor who was removing my endometriosis said he was removing them because even though they themselves might not cause problems that they and endo were releasing toxins preventing me from getting pregnant. It took us 4 years and that surgery to get pregnant and we lost him at 11 weeks. Found after I have another stupid fibroid now inside the uterus which my doctor said is so tiny it won't be an issue but who knows? I'm tired of doctors. I'm now working with a naturopath.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zealand2008
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Oh and ill be 38 in July so I know how you feel about that ticking clock.
mdawn028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I am so sorry u went through that.Don't give up hope.It took me 8yrs. Of trying only to lose mine July 28th2012. Mine would have been born March 5th2013.I was 8 weeks . I am trying to get pregnant again. Doc told me U may have estrogen dominance where my estrogen is too high. I have been trying to eat healthy and drinking Arizona green tea with ginseng and honey 3 cups a day I read it might help.Also drank lypton raspberry tea heard red raspberry tea may help.Read about it.I know sometimes the doc isn't always right things are up to the good Lord not always the doc.I am sorry u went through a loss.If you need someone to talk to and a friend I am here for u my email address is dawna404@Gmail.com lower case g for g mail it makes it upper case on here for some reason.I pray I get pregnant again soon also.I am sorry u went through that it is hard.Hugs Sincerely Dawna God comforts those who mourn.
mdawn028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM
I am so sorry u went through that.Don't give up hope.It took me 8yrs. Of trying only to lose mine July 28th2012. Mine would have been born March 5th2013.I was 8 weeks . I am trying to get pregnant again. Doc told me U may have estrogen dominance where my estrogen is too high. I have been trying to eat healthy and drinking Arizona green tea with ginseng and honey 3 cups a day I read it might help.Also drank lypton raspberry tea heard red raspberry tea may help.Read about it.I know sometimes the doc isn't always right things are up to the good Lord not always the doc.I am sorry u went through a loss.If you need someone to talk to and a friend I am here for u my email address is dawna404@Gmail.com lower case g for g mail it makes it upper case on here for some reason.I pray I get pregnant again soon also.I am sorry u went through that it is hard.Hugs Sincerely Dawna God comforts those who mourn.
mdawn028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:31 AM
I am 27 going to be 28 April the 19th.Even though my biological clock is ticking also as I eb closer and closer to 30. I think u moms are still young to me and I pray u will be able to get pregnant again and have a healthy baby. I am sorry for your losses. To me age is only a number my hubby is proof he is 48 going to be 49 July 28th. I love him alot . I have a stepson who is 21. So I believe and feel everyone is as young as they feel. My mom is 61 she told me she still feels young like a spring chicken. I pray for the best for both of u moms. I pray u will have a healthy baby. Hugs if u need someone to talk to I am here for u. Sincerely, Dawna
raye-chan
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:13 AM

*hugs* 

I am so sorry for your loss. 

KDGII
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Thank you all, for your words of encouragement. :) 

KDGII
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM

The word "fibroids" makes cringe. I can't wait to speak to my doctor. I go to my post labor appt on 4/15/13 I need to know what my future looks like. Reading all of these articles online is driving me crazy.  I wish you well and hope you a happy and healthy baby :) 

Namaste09
by Samantha on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM

((Hugs)) I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)