Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost my baby due to having uterine fibroids

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello,

I lost my baby on Saturday March 30, 2013. He was only 18 weeks and 3 days. I didn't find out about my fibroids until I was 2 months, the doctor said I didn't have anything to worry about because they were located high and I was having a scheduled c-section ( I had one with my first child who is 15).  I'm still in shock. I was just 4 1/2 months pregnant last week with a baby bump and now my stomach is flat.  We have been trying to have a child for almost 10 years, so when I found out I was pregnant on December 21 I thought God was giving me an early Christmas gift. It's killing me that, this  could have been prevented. I have regular pap exams, so I don't know why I was never told before now. My baby was growing, healthy, and strong. The fibroids grew to big and caused me to go into Pre-term labor. My doctor says we can try again in about a year, but I'll be 36 in May and I have worries about being able to conceive. 

Please, this is the hardest thing I have been through. I'd appreciate feedback from anyone that has experienced this or knows someone who has.  

Thank you.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Replies (11-12):
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I have estrogen dominance. I had testing done too to see how my estrogen was metabolizing. Found out it wasn't good placing me at risk for breast cancer. I now supplement with progesterone and take some other supplements to help the metabolization as well as dietary changes. Fun stuff

Quoting mdawn028:

I am so sorry u went through that.Don't give up hope.It took me 8yrs. Of trying only to lose mine July 28th2012. Mine would have been born March 5th2013.I was 8 weeks . I am trying to get pregnant again. Doc told me U may have estrogen dominance where my estrogen is too high. I have been trying to eat healthy and drinking Arizona green tea with ginseng and honey 3 cups a day I read it might help.Also drank lypton raspberry tea heard red raspberry tea may help.Read about it.I know sometimes the doc isn't always right things are up to the good Lord not always the doc.I am sorry u went through a loss.If you need someone to talk to and a friend I am here for u my email address is dawna404@Gmail.com lower case g for g mail it makes it upper case on here for some reason.I pray I get pregnant again soon also.I am sorry u went through that it is hard.Hugs Sincerely Dawna God comforts those who mourn.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I don't have fibroids yet but there is a family hx of that plus a few cancers here and there. So far, I have still kept my uterus. All the women on my mother's side end up having to have surgery. I'm 35 and this past Nov. we lost our baby at 16w. I was already in maternity clothes as well. It's difficult to process, even after several months. I am so sorry for your loss. (hugs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)