Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Adoption??

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hey there ladies. (:
I've posted on here a couple of times about my angel baby Nevaeh Grace.
I have 2 angel babies in heaven now. Nevaeh Grace & Zane Zeppelin.

Well, I was told by my doctor that I'm not gonna be able to concieve a child on my own. I was really heartbroken. I didn't know how to deal with it.

I came to a solution, Im gonna consider adoption. (:
I'm pretty new to this so I don't know how or where to begin.?

Have any of you ladies ever adopted? If so, how did things turn out for you? (:
I'm trying so hard to figure out how to go about doing this. I wanna adopt a newborn. (: & I live in Texas. Things seem more difficult over here. :/

Well, please feel free to share your adoption experiences with me. ^_^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Expectingbby1
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I'm sorry for that news.  As to where to start. I'm not sure, adoption agencies?  Through the state?  It might be cheaper through the state but longer process.  And if a newborn is what your looking for that will be even longer since newborns are popular to adopt the most.

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:13 AM
My husband and I are looking into it as well. We were told about two agencies so I'm going to start there. The agencies are Catholic Charities and Bethany Christian Services. I have heard good things about both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM
i have no experiance but wanted to wish you good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mdawn028
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:51 AM
I am sorry for your losses and u are going through this never give up hope doc's are not always right.Sometimes they don't always know because they can't predict what God has in store.You are awesome and caring for wanting to adopt.I have never adopted before but I have heard good things from people who have.I heard they were happy and ended up getting pregnant right after they adopted.I wish u the best on the process u are going through to try and adopt hope u are able to get your baby.Hugs u need a friend I am here for u I have never adopted before but I have lost a baby. July28th2012 at 8 weeks list mine I didn't know if my baby was a boy or girl but I felt she was a girl I named her Heaven Lynn cause she went to heaven.My due date would have been March 5th2013. Took me 8 yrs. Of trying to naturally conceive her.I will always remember her.Hugs and the best of luck to u. Sincerely, Dawna
onethentwins
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Check out the Adoption group http://www.cafemom.com/group/96 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Good luck, I think adoption is great. I know a family that has adopted 5 kids through foster adoption and also one of my very best friends who is a birth mom. Her daughter is 22 now and they had an open adoption and have an amazing story!
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I think it's a wonderful idea. I have heard great things about Catholic Charities. I'd like to add to our family one day by adopting but need to get to a point where I know we won't be moving immediately before we do.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I have not adopted, besides a family adoption that was pre-arranged through wills and written agreements, etc. We do plan to adopt, but not an infant. I'd never adopt an infant, but rather, an older child. We plan to foster to adopt, which is cheaper, easier, and there are so many kids out there that no one wants. I'd just feel wrong adopting a baby when I know how many kids are out there that no one wants. 

Bailee2b
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I don't have anything to offer but I think adoption is a wonderful choice!  Good luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN