Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Scared

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 25 Replies
So many feelings right now but the most is that I'm scared. I did the first blood test on Wednesday an Thursday the midwife called to say my numbers are extremely low for 5 weeks an gave me the spiel on how there is nothing I did or could have done to stop this. So giving no hope of numbers doubling at today's blood test. But everything I have read says that you should never use HCG levels to tell how far along someone is an that it should only be used to see if numbers are doubling.
I'm scared to hope that the numbers have gone up but I'm really starting to wonder if its possible.
I'm scared to get a phone call this afternoon telling me yes you for sure are loosing the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I don't know if this will help you at all, but try this site.

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/hcg-levels.shtml

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM

The chart might be helpful- but then again it might not.

Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I'm sorry hun! ((hugs))
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I'm sorry. I hope your levels go up. (hugs)

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I think I found every hcg range chart on the web between my first and second draws with my rainbow baby. Can I ask what yours were? Best of luck to you and I hope you get some wonderful news today!

Namaste09
by Samantha on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
She didnt tell me any numbers just that they were showing between 1-2 weeks an I should be 5 weeks.
Doesn't make any sense how its even possible to be 1-2 weeks though :S in my opinion wouldn't that be not even pregnant an below 5. But at some point my levels were high enough to get positive pregnancy tests. I'm so confused an lost right now.

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

I think I found every hcg range chart on the web between my first and second draws with my rainbow baby. Can I ask what yours were? Best of luck to you and I hope you get some wonderful news today!

Zealand2008
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I think it would be helpful if you found out for sure what the levels were/are
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I also agree with Zealand2008.

Call and ask exactly what the numbers were.

Quoting Namaste09:

She didnt tell me any numbers just that they were showing between 1-2 weeks an I should be 5 weeks.
Doesn't make any sense how its even possible to be 1-2 weeks though :S in my opinion wouldn't that be not even pregnant an below 5. But at some point my levels were high enough to get positive pregnancy tests. I'm so confused an lost right now.

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Yeah at 1-2 weeks preg that's the time between your period and ovulation so DUH the numbers are low. The HCG numbers don't show how pregnant you are...and they don't always do the txt book doubling they should. I have had close monitoring on my last 2 pregnancies and the numbers were no where close to the same... And even though I am measuring correctly to my LMP I had a negative blood pregnancy test just a few days before my period should have started(it should have been possitive by then) then my HCG rose just average but but baby was the right on schedule, but numbers said I was about a week behind if that makes sense. Praying for you
Namaste09
by Samantha on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Glad to know I'm not dumb. So frustrated once I get answers I will be gojng back to my family doctor only went to midwife so I could have a homebirth but now I would be terrified of this women delivering my baby.
I have to wait now till Monday before I can get answers an I work weekends an my birthday is tomorrow happy friggen birthday to me. Going to be such a long weekend.
I have called an left message asking for what my numbers were on Wednesday so we will see if she answers me today.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Yeah at 1-2 weeks preg that's the time between your period and ovulation so DUH the numbers are low. The HCG numbers don't show how pregnant you are...and they don't always do the txt book doubling they should. I have had close monitoring on my last 2 pregnancies and the numbers were no where close to the same... And even though I am measuring correctly to my LMP I had a negative blood pregnancy test just a few days before my period should have started(it should have been possitive by then) then my HCG rose just average but but baby was the right on schedule, but numbers said I was about a week behind if that makes sense. Praying for you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)