Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite book and what are you reading now?

My favorite book is Of Mice And Men
And I am reading Anna Karenina
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Replies (21-28):
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I just started re-reading outlander series

Quoting Turtledoves:

I don't think I could choose a favorite book. I love Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte, and I love Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I have always been a very big reader and love to read books over and over. Choosing a favorite is impossible!

I'm currently reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. Boring compared to my normal reads, but great at inspiring and helping our budget!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I like the books that show is based off better

Quoting lunarmamma:

I haven't read that one, I will have to add it to my list.

I have never seen that show but my best friend loves it. I got into trueblood....love that show!

Quoting dizzydd:

My favorite book is "Pride and Prejudice".  I'm not currently reading anything.  I'm way into watching "The Walking Dead" on Netflix when I get the chance :)

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM
I just packed up 3 boxes to take to Goodwill. Then of course I was sad and looking for them

Quoting momofcrazypants:

We're book hoarders. This isn't a good thing! I even have books from when I went to college and before that even. Not good. Moving sucks for us.

Quoting lunarmamma:

Sadly I don't really have any books, I get mine from the library.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Books??? Man, it's be sooooo long! I'll read anything. Anything. Lol. Right now, I'm happily reading my organic gardening magazine though. No books in my house that I haven't already read. Besides, Heaven is for real, which I'm not ready for yet. Our house is pretty bad. Looks like a library. I do have most of the Sandra Boynton Books memorized though.

Last book I read was Fallen Angels and the Origins of Evil by Elizabeth Clare Prophet. It was so-so.

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM
What are they about?

Quoting chicago1:

no favorite too many good ones to pick just one buuut i am currently reading the left behind series. honestly the best religious fiction type books ive ever read. i cant put them down they are just so good, im having a hard time encouraging people to read them though :(

lunarmamma
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:34 AM
I love vampires.

Quoting Zealand2008:

I like the books that show is based off better

Quoting lunarmamma:

I haven't read that one, I will have to add it to my list.

I have never seen that show but my best friend loves it. I got into trueblood....love that show!

Quoting dizzydd:

My favorite book is "Pride and Prejudice".  I'm not currently reading anything.  I'm way into watching "The Walking Dead" on Netflix when I get the chance :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicago1
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM

they are about the journey and struggle of a group of people after the rapture and the coming af the antichrist. this group of people lead the opposition and the journey ultimately leads to the second coming of Jesus. throughout the book they try to convert people and theres a series of miracles. this is a very bad perhaps boring description but the books are great! i really do hope you look into them!

Quoting Zealand2008:

What are they about?

Quoting chicago1:

no favorite too many good ones to pick just one buuut i am currently reading the left behind series. honestly the best religious fiction type books ive ever read. i cant put them down they are just so good, im having a hard time encouraging people to read them though :(

chicago1
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM

and it probably doesnt help that i describe them rather poorly lol. i think religious or not they are good books to read for the drama and action. 

Quoting lunarmamma:

Its hard to get people to open up to things that concern religion.

Quoting chicago1:

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Sounds interesting. Ill check them out

Quoting chicago1:

they are about the journey and struggle of a group of people after the rapture and the coming af the antichrist. this group of people lead the opposition and the journey ultimately leads to the second coming of Jesus. throughout the book they try to convert people and theres a series of miracles. this is a very bad perhaps boring description but the books are great! i really do hope you look into them!

Quoting Zealand2008:

What are they about?

Quoting chicago1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)