Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support
Well, I had my first miscarriage (first pregnancy) two months ago (at6w) and we officially started "trying" again this month! I've been trying all the tricks like standing on my head or putting a pillow under my hips. I was extremely fatigued this month so in the back of my mind I thought I was pregnant. I took a couple cheap tests this week, all coming back negative. I can FEEL AF getting ready to make her ugly appearance any day now (she's due tomorrow/Sunday) so I'm not holding onto any hope anymore. I was really optimistic I would get pregnant right away--it only took a month before to get pregnant. I know I need to be patient but it's ALL I think about! I want to carry a baby, I want to experience pregnancy SO BADLY! I am a preschool teacher so I am around little ones everyday and it gets tough, not to mention about 3/4 of my Facebook page is pregnant or have brand new babies!

Please keep me in your prayers as we try! I haven't tracked my ovulation by tracking my temp, I use two different apps on my phone based off my periods to track it for me. Do you think this is just as efficient or should I try other measures? Also any prenatal pill recommendations? I am currently taking the Walmart brand, but my OB said as long as I am taking some that's good.

I know my DH probably wants to strangle me because it is all I talk/text/email him about. How much I want to get pregnant and desire to have a baby of our very own! I know God is in control and He has His perfect timing for when I am supposed to get pregnant but it's so tough! I constantly fear I have fertility problems and will have to keep going through what I did 2 months ago but I know I can't know anything until I try again!

I am half venting and REALLY asking for Prayers! Appreciate you ladies!

UPDATE:
Still no AF!! I've never been late on a period in my life! Still getting negative tests too. When I was pregnant my first time around a couple months ago I got a positive test the day my period was due. I've read it could take a while for HcG to be detected if I ovulated later than I thought I did. I may have also missed my period because its all I think about and now I am reading online about it a lot more, but I know I've stressed before in life and still got AF. Will continue taking tests until the weekend nears then I think I'm going to schedule a blood test at a doctor's office. I was also thinking of scheduling a Pre-pregnancy check-up...I didn't do it before I got pregnant a couple months ago (it wasn't a planned pregnancy) but maybe I could schedule a Pre preg check up and blood test in one apt? Lol I know I'm a nut case. It's literally torture!

UPDATE 2:
Just started bleeding! I've been cramping and having headaches all day so I guess this would be AF. 5 days late which still really bothers me. All my tests have come out negative in the past week including this morning so I am really hoping this isn't an early MC...but I know me even thinking that is over-thinking it. I've just never been this late before. But I'm thankful I'm bleeding finally. At least something so I can keep trying. Does anybody know if a period is late if it eliminates Ovulation? According to my period tracking app on my phone I only have 1 fertile day this month and no date for ovulation. Makes no sense to me at all. I def will be having lots of sex the second my period is done! I'm not believing my app! Lol
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (11-19):
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Aw you can stick it out! I'm a licensed teacher so there's not really anywhere else I could run to lol it's my career but you can do it. If the Job makes you happy stay. If you don't feel happy going to work then maybe you should look for something different. But mind over matter!
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Thank you! Sending good vibes your way and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:30 AM
How did they find that out? Usually they don't "investigate" until after the 3rd miscarriage which is awful! One is enough for me :(
lfcmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:42 AM

if your a nut case then im legally insane! i know how it is!!  im still waiting for af too and bfn every time.  dh says im not pregnant and he is probably right but a part of me really thinks i am with all my symptoms and stuff.  I go from super happy to wishing the Lord would take me home and  back to happy several times within an hour.  scrutinizing every little pang and twinge and pain, wanting to pee on a stick every other hour.  your not alone sister!

Mommytoaangel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Hugs an sorry for ur loss me an dh lost our 1st baby in 09 mc then in dec of 2012 we lost our identical twin boys preterm laber we are going on almost 5 months an i have a gut feeling it wont be till almost 2015 or 2016 that we get prego hugs an baby dust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Well they all say you need to be positive to get pregnant so just keep being positive!
Emma.seabourn
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Ugh!! I need to find ways to distress but how am I supposed to do that when I am trying to get pregnant, my period is late, still not pregnant! And I can't keep trying if I don't get AF! Ugh!
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Good luck! I was 100% positive AF was on it's way, but I just found out I'm pregnant two on the second cycle of trying (we had our loss in January). 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I can totally understand. Where you are coming from. I hope you get your bfp soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)