Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

possible pregnancy 1 month after early mc?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:49 AM
  • 13 Replies

I appologise in advance if this post upsets anybody. i just dont know where else to ask this question.

so here goes, on the 11th of march i found out i was pregnant around 3-4 weeks( 1-2 weeks on a clear blue digital) , i then began to spot so went to my gp, i was waiting for hours to be seen so got imptaitent and did a home pregnancy test in the bathroom at my gp's surgery which came back negative( 15th march), i then did another test a few days later  a which was also negative, confirming that i had misscarried ( although my doctor had never gave me an examination or check up). 

I called my gp a few days later wanting an appointment with the nurse to get a perscription for some more contraception pills as i got excited and threw all mine out when i found out i was pregnant. they couldnt book me in untill the 8th april (yesterday). i explained i have had some unprotected sex so she insisted i do a test which was negative, however i felt that she did not wait a long enough time for the test to work properly, i had barely been able to take my coat of ready for my blood pressure test when she gave me the result. she prescribed me my pills but i have to return in three weeks for another test then return another two weeks later for another one. however due to thinking the nurse didnt leave enough time for the test to work i picked up two £1 test strips on the way home and took one straight away, i placed it onto of my stereo on the floor, after a few minutes i started to see a faint line, not knowing if i was just wanting to see it or if it was actually there i decided to do another one, knowing i could run out to grab some more a few days later if nessasary. that also showed a faint positive. i did have a strorage heater quite close to where the tests were while i was waiting for them to do there thing, do you think this could of been what had caused the positives? or is there actually a good chance that i couldbe pregnant again this soon after a mc? 

I am going to buy a few more tests today anyway, so i can do one today and one in the morning but i dont want to start getting my hopes up if it just the heater that caused my positives, have any of you experienced something similar to this? thankyou in advance for any replies x

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Its entirely possible to get pregnant so soon after. They say you are really fertile right after. I have a friend who lost her 3Rd angel and got pregnant in the next month (she's due very soon) and follow a woman on YouTube that avoided sex during her fertile time after her miscarriage and she's due in June (roughly 3 weeks after her MC).

It is possible that the heat could cause an evap, but test again. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM

It is possible, the only way to know is going to the doctor...although your doctors office doesn't sound all that competent.  If the tests are getting darker, that's probably an indication of a new pregnancy, or if you get a positive on a digi, after a negative digi that's probably a good indication of a new pregnancy.  There is also a possibility of lingering hormones from your pregnancy that is making your test positive...or retained tissue. 

Basically, you've got to get to the doctor...a different doctor if it was me.

momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

It is possible. Good luck.

sdsrusso
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
It is possible. I had a MC in March at 7-8 weeks, unfortunately MC at 12 weeks along. I.was still being followed to.make certain my levels were dropping and 2 weeks later on what should've been my last draw they had gone up! I hadn't even made it to 5 yet which is considered not pregnant. After multiple blood draws, aspirin regiment and progesterone I am now 30 weeks with my rainbow baby girl!!
Gl and loads of sticky dust.
sdsrusso
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
That should say m/c in March at 7-8 weeks, got pregnant after one xylem and that pregnancy I lost at 12 weeks.
sassyboo19
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

i had negative tests after my misccariage so i know that if i am pregnant this is a new pregnancy :D

sassyboo19
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM

If i am infact pregnant, which i really think i am as now 5 home tests have been positive and the one my doctor did has been the only negative one, do you know if their tests are less sensitive than the ones you can buy over the counter? it was a small plastic rectangle and she used a pipet to transfer a small drop of urine onto it, i have never seen a test carried out that way with results in less than two minutes which is why i went with my gut instinct and brought some tests myself. but anyway if i really am then i must of concieved pretty sharpish after the mc for it to be detctable by a hpt now. 

i was told by my doctor to drop of a urine sample in three weeks time for them to test again so i was debating on just waiting untill then. however to be on the safe side i think i might buy a slighly more expensive test at the weekend and if that ones positive then go see a different doctor on monday. 

Im hoping my body has realised what a huge mistake it made terminating the fetus in my first pregnancy and it is making it up to me by giving me this baby now. well i hope, wish me luck!

sassyboo19
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM

BUMP!

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Good luck! :) 

sassyboo19
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I'm glad you are now having a healthy pregnancy and wish you all the luck :)

Quoting sdsrusso:

It is possible. I had a MC in March at 7-8 weeks, unfortunately MC at 12 weeks along. I.was still being followed to.make certain my levels were dropping and 2 weeks later on what should've been my last draw they had gone up! I hadn't even made it to 5 yet which is considered not pregnant. After multiple blood draws, aspirin regiment and progesterone I am now 30 weeks with my rainbow baby girl!!

Gl and loads of sticky dust.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)