Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its been 4 months.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

Mobile Photo

It has been almost 4 months since I lost our first boy at 15 weeks. Im still grieving, but have "cometo terms with it/accepted it " Almost 2 months after we lost Jackson i got his name across heart, because thats where he will always be.

on my birth day (march 15) I took a pregnancy test becUse I hadnt gotten my period yet. And it was positve :) I made a dr appoint immeadiatly. And discussed all of my fears and how worried I am. And explained to her everything that happened in december. Jow my thyroid wasnt under co trol andeverything. And she was so nice. I told her that I wanted to be seen biweekly because of being high risk, because I dont feel I can emotionally handle losing another baby because of a drs neglagance to follow my health issues. And she completly understaning.
Is it normal to be.. anxious and worried with everythingi do in this pergnancy? Or is it normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM

It is TOTALLY NORMAL to be worried the entire pregnancy! Completely normal. I checked the toilet paper for spotting every stinkin' time I went to the bathroom throughout my pregnancy with my rainbow baby. I was scared every time I went to check for the heartbeat until I could feel him moving regularly. 

Sounds like you have a great doctor who is willing to listen to your concers and monitor your physical as well as emotional well being during this pregnancy. Congratulations and I hope you have a healthy 9 months with as little stress as possible!

Nicole050411
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Hats 3xactly what I do. I look at the tp everytime I pee to see if there is spotting and I got an ultrasound done last week t see how far I am and seeing it flicker was such a relief. I just keep hwving these awful flashbacks of not hearing or seeing the heart beat. Yaknow.?

Quoting busyizzybsmom:It is TOTALLY NORMAL to be worried the entire pregnancy! Completely normal. I checked the toilet paper for spotting every stinkin' time I went to the bathroom throughout my pregnancy with my rainbow baby. I was scared every time I went to check for the heartbeat until I could feel him moving regularly. Sounds like you have a great doctor who is willing to listen to your concers and monitor your physical as well as emotional well being during this pregnancy. Congratulations and I hope you have a healthy 9 months with as little stress as possible!
Nicole050411
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I go in next monday for the physical andeverything. Ill be 10 weeks.
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Yep. It was really helpful for me to go and have my first ultrasound somewhere other than my OB's office (where I found out that our baby had died, via ultrasound!) because I didn't have all the extra freak out emotions attached with an already freaky time. So yes, that first heartbeat was awesome! Such a huge relief! Do you have a doppler? That helped me a lot too. Every day that we made it was such a relief and blessing!

Quoting Nicole050411:

Hats 3xactly what I do. I look at the tp everytime I pee to see if there is spotting and I got an ultrasound done last week t see how far I am and seeing it flicker was such a relief. I just keep hwving these awful flashbacks of not hearing or seeing the heart beat. Yaknow.?

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Congratulations! 
I would think it's normal to be afraid the entire pregnancy which scares me so much! I am still waiting on my rainbow---not actively trying yet....I want my summer rainbow! :)  

TTCAMIRACLE31
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Congrats Wonderful News ;)

mama91605
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Congrats. I think it is very normal. I lost a baby last yr and am 10 wks right now. I have seen baby 3 time and all is going great. I am still scarred. I am seeing my doc every other week as well because she thinks I have a condition call ashermans syndrom (scarring in the uterus) due to my dnc. I don't know when I will stop being so nervous. I am so sorry for your loss and wish you the best.
momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Congrats!! Wonderful news! I think it's completely normal to be worried.

Nicole050411
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I was living in north carolina when we lost Jackson. And we were military.. and the ob there was so dumb. She couldnt find the heart beat, and I asked if I should be worried or concerned, and she said absolutly not. Then they did ultrasound and thats how we knew. I was soo anfry at that ob fir giving me false hope you know? Like she said oh no, your baby is fine I jusck at finding the heart beat sometimes. Really?

I live in Iowa now, and they are soooo much better than any military dr that I have ever seen.
Where do you buy your own doppler? I would love to hear the baby when3ver I wanted.

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

Yep. It was really helpful for me to go and have my first ultrasound somewhere other than my OB's office (where I found out that our baby had died, via ultrasound!) because I didn't have all the extra freak out emotions attached with an already freaky time. So yes, that first heartbeat was awesome! Such a huge relief! Do you have a doppler? That helped me a lot too. Every day that we made it was such a relief and blessing!

Quoting Nicole050411:

Nicole050411
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Im 9 week. :) due november 9. When are you due? Congratulations. Thatsawful about the scaring. I didnt have a dnc. I just waitied and did everything naturally. Which landed me in the hospital with a 50/50% chance cuz theplacenta was stuck so my body was just pouring out blood.

Quoting mama91605:

Congrats. I think it is very normal. I lost a baby last yr and am 10 wks right now. I have seen baby 3 time and all is going great. I am still scarred. I am seeing my doc every other week as well because she thinks I have a condition call ashermans syndrom (scarring in the uterus) due to my dnc. I don't know when I will stop being so nervous. I am so sorry for your loss and wish you the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)