Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you "announce" your miscarriage?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 64 Replies

Did you announce your miscarriage on facebook or a family blog or anything? If so, what were peoples' reactions?

I ask because a friend of mine just announced her miscarriage on facebook and everyone has been so supportive - offering prayers and help in any way they can. Everyone I've seen announce a miscarriage on facebook has received the same outpouring of love. But, I'm wondering, are there people who actually say negative things when someone shares that they've had a miscarriage?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinyfootprint
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I did...i was 17 weeks along ...so everyone knew since i posted pics of be being pregnant...it was very simple..i mentioned heaven received a new angel...i thought it would be easier to face it then..then to receive posts later in my pregnancy how i was doing..everyone was very supportive
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwinkleStars918
by Amanda on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM
With my first I was 21 weeks when I lost her, I did announce it and I had mostly positive and supportive reactions but a few people thought that miscarriages are not something you should share about, even though I was showing so people would have been wondering what happened.
Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:39 AM
We waited a couple weeks and then put it on Facebook. It was really hard telling everyone but it was easier telling everyone as a group instead of one by one. We knew everyone would ask how things with the baby was so we just wanted to save a little heartache of saying it over and over. Everyone was supportive.
Angela4boys
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I didn't, but my husband logged on my FB and announced it.  I'm really glad he did, because it had to be done, I was 16 weeks so everyone knew I was pregnant.  I was at the hospital at the time, so I didn't know he did, but people started calling and texting immediately, to the point my battery was dead, LOL.  I don't think I could have done it myself.  Everyone was very supportive and caring. 

momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I did but I was 16w along and all of my friends and family knew we were pregnant. Everyone was very supportive. I didn't recieve any negative feedback.

Blondeleigh
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I did.. I was 14 weeks along .. Nothing but support from my friends :)
Cal2006
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I don't do FB...I know I'm crazy. But I did have to tell people at work, and if there was a way I could have let a group of people know all at once...I think I would have. Like a few of the ladies have said, I think telling people over and over makes the wound hard to heal. But if no one knew, I might keep it to myself.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Indirectly. My hubby asked me not to post that I had had one, or even for the ectopic. I had posted on days/weeks/months following: "When you walk through a storm..." "There is a time for everything, and a season for everything under heaven" "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow..." This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! I had also written some notes on FB because I needed the urge to write, and they were vague as well
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I have not yet. :( It's been just over a month and I haven't faced it on facebook yet! I don't know what I'm waiting for really....most of the people on fb are IRL people I know but rarely ever see....grandparents--friends from different kid activities--a couple school mom friends---and long distance friends from long ago that just "keep tabs on what is going on thru facebook"....no one that really "cares" if you know what I mean.....

I feel embarrassed....I had announced it at 15 weeks.... which meant, I announced it after my baby died but didn't know it until 19 weeks....

I should face up...someone sent a private note asking how my pregnancy was going....she was one of the four pregnant friends that was due along with me.... :( 

I was waiting for the right day I guess. Or maybe the write photo....

mommyofnoah208
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Yes I did announce it. I was 17 weeks and everyone knew I was going in for an ultasound to hopefully find out gender, i shared probably way too much while in the hospital, but I was sick of texting and talking so i tols people I would update on facebook. Yea they were all supportive
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)